• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• Member No: 8405
  • 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 02:29 PM

this past summer my neighbor had a bit of bad luck, I really cant tell you all the whole story, but she is no longer married anymore..... and she was left in a pickle. he took everything she had worked for over the last several years. luckily the house and land was in her name so she got to keep that, but she had nothing to take care of the property with(5 or so acres) nor did she have the finances to get anything. my wife, son and I have been taking care of it for her until she could get back on her feet again and I looked for her another GT, a friend of mine told me his bnl had a 1450 cub that he would get rid of so we went and looked at it and I told him the situation and he gave it to her, what a wonderful man. I brought it home and did the usual stuff cleaned,changed fluids, points and put new iso-mounts in it for her. the deck was in bad shape so I tool a old shell and cut the bad parts out and welded new in, it really looked good. when I took it over to her she was in tears, just couldn't believe it was hers. she got to use it one time at the end of the season and said she loves it. I was getting ready to leave for work the other night and my wife called me and said Tiffanies barn is burning!!! long story short she lost everything, she makes candles for a living along with little nic-nacs , and everything in her 30x40 was lost along with her 1450 cub. I went and got it this morning, im gonna try and save it for her.

100_3072.JPG 100_3071.JPG 100_3070.JPG 100_3069.JPG 100_3068.JPG 100_3067.JPG

Please keep her in your prayers...

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk, MH81 and 24 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 02:41 PM

Well that sucks. Hope you can get it going again. Hot enough to melt anything?
  • hamman and powerstroker00 have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 02:48 PM

Dang that's sad. Looks like you can probably save it. Can't really tell by these pictures but it doesn't look like it can't be saved. Hows the engine? I think I have a seat I can send you. It's not a cub seat but it would be ok to use if you can make it work. Might have to look at the tires to make sure they didn't get to hot. I guess the biggest thing is to look at trans / dif and engine. Keep us informed. Let me know about the seat. Prayers sent.                                                      Roger.

• tinbender7, powerstroker00, GlenPettit and 1 other said thanks

#4 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 04:52 PM

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING I CAN DONATE MONEY OR PARTS. i DONT HAVE CUB PARTS BUT I HAVE A WHOLESALE ACCOUNT WITH A BIG PARTS OUTLET THAT SELLS TO ACE HARDWARE AND PLACES LIKE THAT. PM ME OR LET ME KNOW. SHE IS IN OUR PRAYERS. WILLIE
  • hamman, powerstroker00, Jack and 4 others have said thanks

#5 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 05:07 PM

From the pictures, it sure looks savable. The fact that it still has foam on the seat, a steering wheel,  and the tires didn't burn makes me think it didn't get too hot. Let us know what it needs when you get it checked. Prayers sent!

• GTTinkerer, hamman, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#6 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,806 Thanks
  • 2,208 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 05:14 PM

hope it all works out. prayers going out for all those effected.

• hamman, tinbender7 and powerstroker00 have said thanks

#7 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 05:25 PM

I thank all of you for your support!!!! I had a old tired seat and put on it till I can find a better one, the steering wheel is off of my sons 1250 the one that was on it is the 1st picture(kinda looks like a pretzel) he said she can borrow it till we can find her one. the tires are ok and this tractor is kinda like the little engine that could!!! I just got it fired up and drove it around!!! I will change the fluids when I get a chance. the plastic gas tank will have to be replaced it is melted and the gas cap looks like a marshmallow, don't know how it didn't blow it was about 1/2 full of gas, but it looks like it will be able to be saved!!!! the important thing is that everybody is ok and everything can be replaced other than sentimental values. she had a 4x8 slate pool table that was burnt up and all of her candle making stuff was lost.  AGAIN GUYS THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

• MH81, hamman, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#8 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,809 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 05:29 PM

There is nothing worse than  fire, she is lucky to have not lost anything really important!!!! posesions can be replaced.  I am helping my best friend clean up his garage which burned down, lost everything he had.  if there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Pete

• hamman, tinbender7, powerstroker00 and 1 other said thanks

#9 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 05:37 PM

I will have to replace all of the gauges also they are melted and it got hot enough to bust one of the headlights. it was sitting all the way on the other side of the barn from where the fire started. almost 40 foot.

• hamman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#10 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 06:40 PM

How much of this stuff would be the same as an MTD built Yardman? I have one with a blown engine but has the tank and seat and wheel.

• hamman, tinbender7 and powerstroker00 have said thanks

#11 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 06:54 PM

How much of this stuff would be the same as an MTD built Yardman? I have one with a blown engine but has the tank and seat and wheel.

they will be different.

• DougT said thank you

#12 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 10:43 PM

I have two headlight bulbs if they are the 4411 screw terminal type. I also have an amp gauge for a Cub. We've got a snow storm on the way, so I won't be able to send them to you until after Thanksgiving. Send a PM on where you would like me to send them if you still need them. Keep us posted on whatever else you find that you might need for it. A good friend lost everything in a fire and it was horrible to see the aftermath.
  • powerstroker00 and Sawdust have said thanks

#13 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 11:28 PM

That is terrible.  What does she plan to do for income now? 

If you need parts, let me know.  They are hers at my price.  I wish I could do more. 

Ben W.

• powerstroker00 said thank you

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 05:41 AM

Good luck with the rebuild. I can't offer much more than support at the moment. Might be able to add a few $$ to the cause!

#15 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 06:38 AM

Very nice of you and your family to help out. Wishing you the best in this endeavor.