609 replies to this topic

#601 lrhredjb ONLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 924 Thanks
  • 690 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 06:09 PM

Last night we went to the local Brew Hub and had the Polish special, 2 kinds of Perogies and a big link of Kielbasa with fried saurkraut.post-3984-0-44218500-1523487916.jpg

Then we had this to wash it down.post-3984-0-96321500-1523488031.jpg

And as you can see I took the pics with my phone so they are upside down dagnabit.

But it was food for the gods all right.

Attached Thumbnails

• Polish special at Brew Hub.jpg
  • Mr. Tractor beer.jpg
  • Mr. Tractor beer (2).jpg

Edited by lrhredjb, April 11, 2018 - 06:26 PM.
Adjust Gravity

• KennyP, oldedeeres and Jazz have said thanks

#602 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,475 Thanks
  • 47,403 posts

Posted April 15, 2018 - 04:09 PM

Tonight is Pinto's w/ham, fried taters w/onion, and cornbread! Tomorrow, I'll be jet propelled!

EDIT: AWESOMESAUCE!

Edited by KennyP, April 15, 2018 - 05:20 PM.

#603 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 10,672 Thanks
  • 5,171 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 01:13 PM

Fishing season is still open on the stocked trout lakes north of us, and my son has been out and doing what he can to lower the population of Rainbows.  He brought me a beautiful three pounder, so last night's feast was baked Rainbow trout, rubbed with lemon pepper and butter, and finished off under the broiler until the skin was bubbly and golden brown.  Accompanied by fresh fried potatoes with crushed garlic, onions and chopped red peppers, (fried in butter of course), green beans from last summer's garden, and mixed salad of Romaine lettuce, green onions, cucumbers, cauliflower and bright orange peppers.  Dessert was, as Kenny mentioned,  corn bread .  Some like it broken into a bowl with cream and maple syrup, I prefer mine warm with butter melting into it. Number one son left here stuffed to the gills, and I didn't even think about cleaning up the kitchen until this morning.

• KennyP and Jack have said thanks

#604 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 41,475 Thanks
  • 47,403 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 06:28 PM

Fishing season is still open on the stocked trout lakes north of us, and my son has been out and doing what he can to lower the population of Rainbows.  He brought me a beautiful three pounder, so last night's feast was baked Rainbow trout, rubbed with lemon pepper and butter, and finished off under the broiler until the skin was bubbly and golden brown.  Accompanied by fresh fried potatoes with crushed garlic, onions and chopped red peppers, (fried in butter of course), green beans from last summer's garden, and mixed salad of Romaine lettuce, green onions, cucumbers, cauliflower and bright orange peppers.  Dessert was, as Kenny mentioned,  corn bread .  Some like it broken into a bowl with cream and maple syrup, I prefer mine warm with butter melting into it. Number one son left here stuffed to the gills, and I didn't even think about cleaning up the kitchen until this morning.

That sounds so good! Especially the buttered cornbread!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#605 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,707 Thanks
  • 1,566 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 09:54 PM

Cioppini (seafood stew) and fries. I DID NOT CATCH THE MUSSELS OR SHRIMP... Carrot cake with cream cheese icing topped with black and blueberries compote(#1 son GF made the dessert)

Attached Thumbnails

• fullsizeoutput_70e.jpeg
  • fullsizeoutput_710.jpeg
  • fullsizeoutput_714.jpeg

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#606 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 10,672 Thanks
  • 5,171 posts

Posted May 03, 2018 - 10:27 AM

I "took the tops off" my last two roosters yesterday, so tonight's supper will feature chicken soup with dumplings. These were chicks that my Banty hen hatched out last summer so are a far cry from roasting birds, fit for soup only.  I boiled them up for three or four hours, then added  carrots, celery, garlic, potatoes and onions and added just a touch of poultry seasoning and a couple of Bay Leaves. Today I'll bag and freeze most of it for quick meals when things get hectic around here later on, but tonight it's soup and dumplings, the light, fluffy kind.

• KennyP and Jazz have said thanks

#607 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,707 Thanks
  • 1,566 posts

Posted May 23, 2018 - 02:53 PM

Dinner tonight!

Steelhead trout are running up all our creeks and rivers in town. Neighbour kid landed this brute and offered to me.  :smilewink:  He was rightfully proud of the size.

Attached Thumbnails

• fullsizeoutput_7e5.jpeg

Edited by Jazz, May 23, 2018 - 02:54 PM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#608 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 41,475 Thanks
  • 47,403 posts

Posted May 23, 2018 - 03:11 PM

Trout prepared properly is some tasty morsels! Enjoy! I'm stuck with catfish down here!

• oldedeeres and Jazz have said thanks

#609 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 41,475 Thanks
  • 47,403 posts

Posted May 26, 2018 - 05:45 PM

Since it's a holiday, I fired up the grille for the 3 of us (me, myself & I). Cooked up some tasty tube steak (all beef). Opened a can of baked beans and I am enjoying it!

DSCN3932.JPG

• Dee and oldedeeres have said thanks

#610 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 10,672 Thanks
  • 5,171 posts

Posted May 31, 2018 - 10:33 AM

Like most every day this week, at least one meal features asparagus...lots of asparagus. Tonight big fat spears will be wrapped in lightly fried bacon and in turn tucked in biscuit dough and baked.

• KennyP and Jazz have said thanks