• Please log in to reply
560 replies to this topic

#556 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 8,716 Thanks
  • 4,480 posts

Posted December 05, 2017 - 08:30 PM

My spiced flour is whatever I decide on to suit the dish. For fish I add a goodly shake of lemon pepper and a tad of both garlic and onion salt to the flour in a plastic bag, dip the fish in milk and shake it up in the bag of spiced flour 'till well coated. If I want a lighter coating I'll use part corn starch with the flour, or if the fish is shrimp or a more delicately flavoured fish, all cornstarch instead of flour, with the spices.Then I fry it in lots of butter with a bit of oil added to keep the burning point down. Straight butter tends to scorch quickly if the heat is too high. If any grease is left after frying the fish I add it to the pan fries....every bit of flavour  contributes to the meal.

Edited by oldedeeres, December 05, 2017 - 08:36 PM.

• KennyP, jimbobbillyray, Jack and 1 other said thanks

#557 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,188 Thanks
  • 1,354 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 04:43 PM

Wife took a office job for first time in 30 years so I'm cooking during the week...gawd!! So i've marinated some pork  Souvlaki, Fasolakia  Giaxni(green beans with garlic,tomatoes onions) and oven fries with Greek seasonings.  

Headhunters scouted the wife and offered good job.  I'm glad she is out of banking but she always worked from home, new job there are no phone calls or after hours/weekend work. 

Edited by Jazz, December 07, 2017 - 04:44 PM.

• KennyP, oldedeeres and ShotgunWedding have said thanks

#558 ShotgunWedding ONLINE  

ShotgunWedding

Garlic Jedi

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 84933
  • 441 Thanks
  • 211 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hey Jazz, do you marinate your own souvlaki?

Was up in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago working at Resolute.  Had to stop in and get a couple Persians!!!

#559 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,188 Thanks
  • 1,354 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hey Jazz, do you marinate your own souvlaki?

Was up in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago working at Resolute.  Had to stop in and get a couple Persians!!!

yes I do make the marinate. I buy pork on sale and cut it up, marinate a few days then lay it on trays and freeze it so I can just grab as many as we want for dinner. Makes for quick meals.

Whenever I fly there are couple dozen Persians in my luggage for whoever I'm visiting. 

That was a shut down at Resolute? My boy was there for 4 days as well. He is boilermaker. 

Edited by Jazz, December 08, 2017 - 08:47 AM.

• ShotgunWedding said thank you

#560 ShotgunWedding ONLINE  

ShotgunWedding

Garlic Jedi

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 84933
  • 441 Thanks
  • 211 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 11:09 AM

As weird as it sounds...I love the Persians.  Persian Man rocks.

Not for the shutdown, but for the environmental BIOX system.  I do lots of work with the recovery boiler guys.  So, your son must be in demand!  That is an excellent trade.  Alstom? 

#561 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,486 Thanks
  • 44,954 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 05:44 PM

We're having pinto's w/lots of ham, fried taters w/onion, and cornbread for 'dinner' tonight. Smells good!

• oldedeeres said thank you