Posted January 15, 2017 - 06:30 PM

It was!

#512 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 7,275 Thanks
  • 3,754 posts

Posted January 19, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Had company in last night to celebrate a neighbour's birthday, so I made Chinese, my Canadian version of it anyway. Sweet and sour pork, almond chicken fried rice, shrimp and veggie stir fry, white rice, egg foo yung, and one of the company brought won ton soup. And birthday cake of course. It took the eight of us over an hour to demolish all but enough for me to have for supper tonight.

Edited by oldedeeres, January 19, 2017 - 12:55 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#513 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 32,838 Thanks
  • 42,423 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 05:49 PM

On tonight's menu are two center cut boneless pork chops, dipped in flour and fried to perfection. And as a side,  cheezy scalloped potatoes! Had to dig out the Search Light cook book for those. Recipe called for pimento's and bell pepper, but I have neither and don't really care for them in there anyways! Got the trusty Kitchen Magician out to slice the taters thin. Put them in a Corning ware dish (with lid) and some water. 5 minutes in the nukalotor to soften them up. Made up a cup of white sauce. Drained the taters, rinsed the dish and dried. Sprayed some butter flavor Pam on and added a layer of spuds. 3 thin slices of Velveeta and some sauce. More taters, cheese, then the last of the taters. Poured the last of the sauce over and put them in a 350° oven for maybe 50 minutes. When those get near done, I'll start the chops in my new skillet. Bought one of those copper/ceramic non stick jobs. We'll see how that works! At least it sounds yummy! 

• oldedeeres and 29 Chev have said thanks

#514 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 6,072 Thanks
  • 2,002 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 06:44 PM

Careful - if it sounds yummy it may end up in your tummy

• KennyP said thank you

#515 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 32,838 Thanks
  • 42,423 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 07:06 PM

Careful - if it sounds yummy it may end up in your tummy

Already there! Came out pretty decent!

• oldedeeres and 29 Chev have said thanks

#516 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 7,275 Thanks
  • 3,754 posts

Posted March 11, 2017 - 10:31 PM

It has been colder than cold for the last two days and I needed comfort food. Made "three sisters chowder". It is a chowder with the last of my winter squash, frozen kernel corn and green beans. First I fry crushed fresh garlic and onions in butter in my soup pot, add the squash and some water and boil until the squash is tender, then mash it. Add the frozen corn and beans, chicken bouillon, a bit of corn starch, milk, and a tad of poultry dressing spice, and let it all simmer for about half an hour. A bowl of that along with a garlic roast beef and red onion sandwich with mayo and alder smoked salt on a whole grain Portugese roll and I'm ready to face....... the couch and T.V. for the rest of the evening! A little chocolate ice cream later? Maybe.
  • KennyP, EricR and 29 Chev have said thanks

#517 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,757 Thanks
  • 9,406 posts

Posted March 11, 2017 - 10:49 PM

Tonight was the first night of sampling our new beef. A whole beef. Over 800 pounds of meat. Burgers on the grill. Thin sliced spuds with fresh rosemary and thyme done in olive oil in tinfoil on the grill, and another wrap of foil with peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli.

Life is good.
  • KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#518 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,380 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 07:44 AM

I made a  pot of soup last night using my leftover Christmas hambone . I boiled the bone w/ Ham left on it for just such an occasion with onion and dried mushrooms harvested this past summer. Added some spices , when the meat fell off the bone I cleaned it up and added a pack of 'Hambeans' 15bean Cajun soup mix .

Boiled till the beans were tender. Its been cold so nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up .

Edited by MGP59DB, March 12, 2017 - 07:45 AM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#519 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 32,838 Thanks
  • 42,423 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 04:47 PM

Something different tonight. I had half a chicken breast left over from the other night. Cut it up and put in a salad. Should fill me up!

#520 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 7,275 Thanks
  • 3,754 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 11:03 AM

Had company in for dinner last night so did the steak thing. First thing in the morning I crushed a couple of cloves of garlic and spread the mush on one steak, topped it with the other steak,  wrapped them tightly and set them back in the fridge to think about things until dinner time. The rest of the menu consisted of baked potatoes topped with chopped green onion and sour cream, simple boiled carrots, braised onion and fresh spinach, thick slices of raw red onion soaked in vinegar and sugar, and my homemade wild highbush cranberry juice to drink. At the last minute the steaks hit the buttered pan to medium rare. Dessert was thick Greek yogurt with fresh frozen raspberries and warm sweet biscuits,( kind of a take-off on strawberry shortcake), coffee to follow.

• Bolens 1000 and KennyP have said thanks

#521 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 469 Thanks
  • 281 posts

Posted May 16, 2017 - 11:43 AM

supper1.jpg

Left over lasagna and fresh asparagus from our patch. With a glass of red ale. Does it get any better?........Yes; when dessert is cherry pie from the Amish on farm bakery near me.

supper2.jpg

• oldedeeres said thank you

#522 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 7,275 Thanks
  • 3,754 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 11:37 PM

I went lake trout fishing yesterday, caught one 3lbs. 8oz.. So for supper there was fresh fried trout with flash fried morels and asparagus on the side. No dessert... didn't need it.

• KennyP said thank you