18 replies to this topic

#16 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 05:00 AM

Awesome looking Mighty Mite and Ottawa.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  I have to find a breather like yours for my engine.  I thought I'd found one, but it was too tall so I need to find a shorter one.  Some day I'd like to find an Ottawa and a Jaques Frazer too.  I like this family of garden tractors.  

#17 brownboystoys OFFLINE  

brownboystoys

• Member No: 6127
  • 107 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 06:24 AM

When you say breather, do you mean air cleaner assy. If so the brigs one will work just have to cut it down. That is how mine was made. Also someone asked about rope or crank start on the mighty mite. All I have found shows both. But the crank doesn't seem to work well. Doesn't have the geared starter assy so the crank will spin the engine fast enough. Rope is best. To all that have posted thanks. I enjoy the information. Hope to start bringing the mite to more shows this season.

#18 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 08:17 PM

Here is the ring and pinion assembly in the Mighty Mite I'm restoring.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20141203_173515-1.jpg

#19 bantam r us OFFLINE  

bantam r us

• Member No: 417
  • 46 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 11:00 PM

For those interested I'm trying to recreate the Ottawa mule team registry. I have started but could use some help identifying tractors I have pictures of or current owners. You can see what I have so far at raregardentractors .com and click on the ottawa mule team page.
If you own one and want it on the site let me know the model and serial number your name and state.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jaques, ottowa, briggs, texas, rototiller