#61 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,477 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 02, 2014 - 08:28 AM

Wouldn't the radiator cap open under vacuum when the upper hose was collapsing ?  Pulling what was in the overflow tank ?

The cap doesn't open until you build enough heat and pressure in the system, usually most caps are 16#'s. Since he had the intake leak, it cause an opposite negative pressure causing hose to collapse.

#62 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 02, 2014 - 06:16 PM

Final Update. Got the new gaskets installed etc: took the truck for a good drive this afternoon [ 120 miles] and its working like its supposed to. I figured what the heck I'am going to go for a drive I may as well go to the Kubota /Massey dealer and see whats on the lot. I see they have a couple Massey GC 1700 and some of the Kubota BX 2371 sub compacts plus of course all the bigger ones as well. Been thinking of getting a new one just haven't decided to go with the Red or Orange sure like the Red one  LOL The prices are very close $300 diff. I just don't know if I'am willing to spend that amount,on a new one when a older one works just fine.Anyway it was a good way to test out the truck to make sure its working. LOL

• MH81, Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#63 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted December 02, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Glad it's fixed and working well!

#64 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,004 posts

Posted December 02, 2014 - 10:10 PM

Been thinking of getting a new one just haven't decided to go with the Red or Orange sure like the Red one LOL The prices are very close $300 diff. 

Have you considered one of these. Brother in-law was a dealer and had very good results with these tractors. He's retired now but I think the people who bought the business are still selling them. 

http://www.tym-tractors.com/

#65 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 486 Thanks
  • 315 posts

Posted December 02, 2014 - 11:29 PM

Have you considered one of these. Brother in-law was a dealer and had very good results with these tractors. He's retired now but I think the people who bought the business are still selling them. 

http://www.tym-tractors.com/

Those are a good machine but make sure there's a good dealer base around if you buy one.  My experience with their customer service trying to get parts to fix one wasn't positive.  And the closest dealer to me after they closed the local one was a 7 hour round trip

• Cvans said thank you

#66 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,066 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 07:44 AM

Very nice!  Glad you got it fixed, and we could all discuss truck brands, and why parts are junk these days!