• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Djupliden22 OFFLINE  

Djupliden22
  • Member No: 55065
  • 9 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi. I am wondering about the function and power of the tranny. From a Bolens-knower I got the impression that the tranny shoulg get stronger and stronger as I put the pedal more and more towards the front and hence creates more flow which also iincreases the speed....If I read the manual right the torque of the hydro sshoud increase men getting closer to neutral position ? With my hydro it seems as if I have to push the pedal forward quite a bit for it to dpin the wheels on hard soil which supports the first theory.. How do your eatons react to these situations and what is the correct answer to the torqu/power question ?

Regards

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 06:21 PM

I have read that also, the slower speed being more pull power and vice-versa in the Wheelhorse manuals. Seems kinda backwards doesn't it?  I can't answer your question, just backing up your statement, I guess?

#3 Djupliden22 OFFLINE  

Djupliden22
  • Member No: 55065
  • 9 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yeah.. dont know if there is something wrong with mine but it seems to increase more torque the further I push the pedal.. I wish it was better torque when pushing just a little to get better control :(

#4 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 09:04 AM

Is it a belt drive hydro?  The belt may be slipping, could notice torque loss more at lower speeds with lower overall input into the hydro

#5 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 04:12 PM

There is a long and very informative discussion of hydrostatic drives and how they work here:

http://gardentractor...run-your-hydro/

#6 Rainier ONLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 375 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:49 PM

There is a long and very informative discussion of hydrostatic drives and how they work here:
http://gardentractor...run-your-hydro/

That is a great thread on the hydro's. It gives me some clues why my 1556 starts losing power. Could be a bad relief valve?
Thanks