Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Looking For A Landlord 101 Or Something......

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 108 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 09:28 AM

• When you are mowing on hills the vari drive is great! No gear changes, just pull or push the lever. It does take a few tries to get the adjustments right. I adjusted mine 3 times before I was completely happy with it but now I have been mowing for a season and blowing snow all last winter with no issues at all.

• The Junk Doctor said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 02:26 AM

Ain't this ironic...I found one yesterday in a barn. I'm told it runs but a smoker. Appears all of the sheet metal is there and straight. No head lights, was this a option back in the day? Wish I could have taken better pix but there were 2 B AC's in the way. Check this out, still has the OEM belt on the gen/starter and found no cracking in the rubber. I'm a I.H. user but this vintage sheet metal and iron appeals to me. He is stiff on the price...$400 w/deck. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 047.jpg
  • 048.jpg
  • 049.jpg
  • 050.jpg

#33 B10Dave OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 02:37 PM

Headlights were an option. Not hard to find but can be a bit spendy. Bracket for lights is being reproed by several people. That belt is newer than the tractor. He has just got it from a dealer rather than aftermarket. Point out to him that worn tires, engine smoke and wrong seat add up to about a $300 tractor. Sheet metal looks all there and straight. Good luck with your bargaining....Dave

#34 The Junk Doctor OFFLINE  

The Junk Doctor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 63442
  • 31 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted December 04, 2014 - 07:18 PM

I found a 2012 with a mower and plow for $425. Thinking about it......