It's Back

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 wahoowad OFFLINE  

• Member No: 63279
  • 49 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Plastic piece on the governor broke and causing high revs? What does this piece do? I thought the governor reduced engine speed if it neared too high an RPM? What would this plastic piece be doing at low/mid RPM ?

• T Guiles said thank you

#17 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 04:50 PM

I haven't tore into it yet and it'll probably wait until spring, trying to get some projects going before snow flies. I plan on looking at it then and hope to do some research on the tech's before then. I'm gonna guess if their is something broke in their, its gonna allow the motor to turn crazy rpm's. It's a learning experience for me. Just not a big fan of the Tech's, 

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,418 Thanks
  • 4,886 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 07:55 AM

It maybe one of the fingers on the governor inside that is broken. Once you pull motor and pan, you will see if anything inside is broken. These sadly get parted regularly so parts are always on evilbay.

Tecs get a bad wrap, but when running good, they run and wear like iron. The 6Hp in my troybilt is the best running motor I have although it's getting tired after 40 yrs. It has never failed to start ( fingers crossed) even after sitting in barn all year with stale gas.

Once you learn them, you may love them.

• MH81 and T Guiles have said thanks