17 replies to this topic

#16 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Just another note, the depth wheel on Old buzzards plow is mounted differently than mine is. Mine mounts with a u-bolt clamp so it is adjustable for depth and Old buzzards is mounted non adjustable. Thanks.

I wonder if that was an added cost option back in they day?

Your plow looks to be in great shape.  It even has the serial number sticker still on it!  I'm impressed!

Ben W.

• PGHsteelworker said thank you

#17 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just another note, the depth wheel on Old buzzards plow is mounted differently than mine is. Mine mounts with a u-bolt clamp so it is adjustable for depth and Old buzzards is mounted non adjustable. Thanks.

That's the only thing that I can't nail down in all of my Sales papers and manuals I have not found a plow with the depth wheel mounted like his.But I would bet money that if it's not a Brinly name plow that it was bulit buy them for some one  

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and PGHsteelworker have said thanks

#18 PGHsteelworker OFFLINE  

PGHsteelworker
  • Member No: 50166
  • 89 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 10:00 PM

The brinly manual says the depth wheel should be set to about 5 inches or so off of the ground for the 12 inch plow. Does anyone know how much his measures from the ground? I will measure the bolt hole spacing on mine to see if can be mounted like his without extra holes drilled. At work till midnight. Thanks.