#16 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 01:15 AM

I think I am going to go to the junk yard and get a small rotor and caliper and try and fix a better brake system. I am going to try and find one from a 4 wheeler or motorbike. I think I am going to bolt the rotor to the existing drum and work out the brackets for the caliper. I have it figured out in my head we will see if it makes it to the tractor LOL. Right now it's on the backburner gotta get my hydro's worked out first.

#17 Case-Closed OFFLINE  

Case-Closed
  • Member No: 13397
  • 225 Thanks
  • 123 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:21 PM

I stumbled across this post tonight and have been thinking about trying to mount a motor cycle disk brake to the drum on my 444 as the drum is useless as a brake but a disk would likely do a great job. Have you done this yet? If so does it work?

#18 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:44 PM

I stumbled across this post tonight and have been thinking about trying to mount a motor cycle disk brake to the drum on my 444 as the drum is useless as a brake but a disk would likely do a great job. Have you done this yet? If so does it work?

I can tell you a few guys on another group have cut the hub down to mount 6 inch go cart disk and motor cycle master cylinder and says works really well.   

• Case-Closed said thank you