• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snowman906 OFFLINE  

snowman906
  • Member No: 63377
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 09:07 PM

This is a tough one.  Not even Snapper Tech Support seems to know the answer:  I bought an older but never used Snapper "38YTST" in a yard sale several yrs ago for $50 but have been unable to identify the tractor that matches it.  The closest match that I have found in on-line documentation is a 1650.  All other Snappers seem to required a drive shaft style snow thrower.  Mine has a belt drive.  On line, 1650 throwers are shown with belt drives but are always at least 42 inches.  And 1650's appear to be hard/impossible to find.  So, I'm hoping that a LT 12 or LT 16 might work.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

#2 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 09:21 PM

WELCOME to GTTalk! Maybe one of the Snapper experts here can help you.

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 09:45 PM

Snapper had many manufacturer's make their models, some not long.  I would bet you need to find who made this unit and look for that manufacturer.  I have a Snapper tractor that was one of last  years of Power Kings and most dealers know nothing about this model when asking around. I could look and see what models they were on blowers, but think those are bigger as mentioned.