Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Does Anyone Have A Spare Shoe For A Snow Plow?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • Member No: 54810
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Well tonight I went out and hooked up my snow plow in anticipation of another brutal winter.

Before mounting it on the tractor I adjusted the ONE shoe that is on the blade.

While doing so I noticed that there was probably supposed to be a second adjustable shoe on the other side of the blade so I came in and checked the manual for my snow plow.

Well sure enough there are supposed to be two of the shoes so now my plow is sitting crooked.

I was wondering if anyone has an extra one of these shoes that they would be willing to sell.

I can always bend some metal and make one if I have to but I'd rather have one of the originals if possible.

On a brighter note I re-assembled my disc and cultivator this evening and now have all of my implements painted and ready to go.

I still have a ton of cultivator shovels to clean up and paint but with a long winter coming up I have plenty of time to accomplish that task. 

I'll get some pics of the tractor and implements up when I can find a weekend that it's not raining. This getting home after dark is already starting to get old.

So, if someone has a spare snow plow shoe for sale, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

#2 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:29 PM

What brand and model of snow thrower is it?

Ahhh! It's in the DB forum.

Edited by LilysDad, November 19, 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#3 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,057 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Um I think you might want to mention what model of GT you have and the model of plow.

Oh never mine LilysDad beat me to it.

Edited by Bill 76, November 19, 2014 - 07:40 PM.

• Likesspace said thank you

#4 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:42 PM

Okay, good advice above.....

The David Bradley Snow Plow model is: 917.575117

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:54 PM

I have couple of shoes from a JD blade, new, but are just some bent flat stock and bolt on. Have a picture or what is needed? If you have those kind with a head and shaft and a pipe to slip into on blade, these are not that. Have you tried epay?  Scan with #17 shown is what  I have.

Attached Thumbnails

• John Deere blade 1.jpeg

Edited by glgrumpy, November 19, 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#6 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 09:36 PM

Glgrumpy......

From what I can see in the scan that will work. It's not exactly like mine but I'm sure that I can make it work.

Is the bolt hole slotted, (adjustable up and down),? If so I can make it serve the purpose.

Let me know how much you want for one of them. It  would be shipping to zip code 62881.

Thanks for the reply.

Dave

#7 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • Member No: 62893
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 11:04 PM

I like to use some "Hard Surface" welding rod on those shoes.

The rod I have is marked 19, no brand name, just 19, made for use with an A/C welder.

#8 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 09:29 AM

Space, sorry I could not find those feet. Looked all-over garage in usual places. Did find a few other hardware peices from the bag they came in, no feet. I have taken them to swaps a few times, so must have sold them and not recalling?  Sorry! Should have looked first before noting them.

#9 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 10:01 AM

No problem Glgrumpy. I appreciate you looking.

I think I'll probably try to make one this weekend. It's supposed to be rainy so I'll be looking for something to do in the shop, anyway.

Thanks again.

#10 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 120 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 10:32 AM

The 117 plow used a different show than the standard DB plows. It is a very heavy duty blade compared to the others, was also used on the Tri-tracs. Mine came with added shoes that I removed, not sure where I put them though. Will have to look.

#11 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 10:35 PM

IWLBCNU.....

I went ahead and made a shoe for the snow plow. It was a little bit tricky to get the correct bend angle but after some persuading with a 2lb. hammer it turned out really good. 

It's not an exact replica of the original but I feel like I would have to point the difference out to anyone looking at it. The most important thing is that it seems to work perfectly on the test run that I gave it. 

I currently have the plow set up with a half inch gap between the cutting edge and the ground surface. I figure if I can get the snow down to a half inch that should allow any of our vehicles to ease of the driveway without removing any of my rock. 

On the test run I gave her, we had about 5/8" of snow and it did skim off the extra. Now I'm just waiting on a significant snowfall to see how the blade actually works.

Thanks again for the offer but like I said, I think I've got it taken care of. This is one of the most helpful forums I've ever belonged to.