• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • Member No: 57907
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 02:52 PM

i could have sworn there was washers in the final drive when i took it apart. have 2.  1-1\4 od and 3\4 id washers. print dosnt show them. only other thing could fit are 3pt hitch or front axle. anbody found washers in there final drive with single tranz.? thanks bill

Attached Thumbnails

• 102_0456drive line washers.jpg

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 05:28 PM

What we calling "Final drive"?   At times there are washers along the sections of driveshaft, maybe some spacers also that just kinda keep the couplers for that shaft from sliding too far and the shafts falling out or breaking out the end of the couplers. OR, to keep couplers from moving towards the trans bearings. They can be easily forgotten, and I think you are correct, may not be shown in many of the parts drawings. Sometimes on trans shaft out the back is a snap ring which does same job, but the washer is back of that to protect it from the coupler pushing on it.  You may run forever w/out those in system if all the parts were in good shape. I really think they were an afterthought fix for problems on older models and not all models have them in the system. Clear as mud?

If you were talking way back in diff or bull gears, I don't know then. There are washers on axles by bull gears, but much finer machined ones to keep bearings in place and from wearing, not just a common one like these look like.

• Alc said thank you

#3 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • Member No: 57907
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 09:03 AM

i put the washers back in. one each end of coupler. bill

• Alc said thank you