5 replies to this topic

#1 axendoseries OFFLINE  

axendoseries
  • Member No: 63364
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 12:23 AM

Greetings all-

I recently acquired an older Sabre lawn tractor and have a snow blade to use, but I'm having trouble getting it mounted and wanted to reach out and see if there was any good advice out there...

I have the mower deck removed, and the snow blade assembly in place, and secured with the rear pin.  I'm

fairly sure I have the large "channel" that surrounds the foward frame mounted correctly, into the forward holes that also held the mower deck.  The issue I'm having is:  where/how does the plow frame connect to the raise/lower mechanism?  Do I need to remove the arms from the mower deck and somehow use those on the plow frame?  I am usually a fairly mechanical person, but this one's got me beat.  Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Andy

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 02:38 AM

I have an L130 and think is same  blade for your model. I'm not home now, but have book for mounting. Mine has a bigger structure to mount on tractor by slipping pins into a slot each side and then add to loose pins below to lock it in. Forgot, there is two brackets to mount, one each side on frame first, THEN that other part slips in those. ON side of frame is two holes just behind axle and one just in front that has a bigger shoulder bolt to mount. Mine has two small bolts thru it also to hold some tin and springs for hood mounting. I use a bumper in summer and that comes off to mount these two brackets. The blade has a long handle for lifting and swinging that is pushed sideways into that center channel.  It's kind of long reach and awkward to use, the worst part of blade I believe. Maybe not same as for your tractor? I can take pix of mine and scan the manual some if you wish, when I'm home.

• MH81 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,756 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Welcome to GTT. You can browse our Manuals Section for info too. Good Luck, Rick

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 09:26 AM

:welcometogttalk: :wewantpics:

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 07:38 PM

OK, found info and did some scans. I have a couple of the blade that are diff than mine in mounting. THEN, have a page that shows the mounts needed for My model, but same blade. Don't recall where I got those, the dealer or off the web?  I found the orig manual was a little short on how to assemble in couple areas, also found parts missing and had to get those ordered later. The box was open when I bought it, should have known bad deal with that. SO, some notes on my pictures from that problem. I took pix of cover of the manual, sure Deere dealer can get that IF this is right blade.  I only scanned some pages, ones that thought would help with mount issue. There is much more on assembly.  IN the parts diagram, the two parts D and E are what I was talking about that mount on frame sides. Then the other main mount has two sides and slips into those two mounts. Also show operation of the lift/turn lever, the worst part of blade.

Attached Thumbnails

• JD blade cover.jpeg
  • JD blade Parts.jpeg
  • JD blade mount 1.jpeg
  • JD blade mount 2.jpeg
  • JD blade mount 3.jpeg
  • John Deere blade 1.jpeg
  • John Deere blade 2.jpeg
  • JD blade Use.jpeg

• Cat385B and axendoseries have said thanks

#6 axendoseries OFFLINE  

axendoseries
  • Member No: 63364
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 04:12 PM

Good info, thank you. I think I need to take a pic and see what people think. The diagram you posted with he long frame assembly is exactly what I have.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snow blade, snow plow