Garden Tractor Forums banner

Got The Pk Out And Moved Some Snow

717 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MNGB 
#1 ·
Well today I got the PK out and used the lade to move some snow, got the area where I got stuck last week smoothed out now that the city dumped some gravel in the area plus it is now frozen it went very well the PK preformed great. After I finished that and got it back in the shop I removed the loader arms and bucket the built-in stand works good, it is really very easy to remove and boy doe it steer easier. I'm trying to come up with a cab frame I have most of a Simplicity cab roof sides and doors but no frame but sure would be nice to be out of the wind and snow.

#2 ·
I've thought about making a cab but was able to buy several of them. When I was planning, the frame was going to be 1/2" emt because it is readily available and I have a bender. The windshield was going to be plexiglass that was bolted to the frame and the rest was going to be clear poly with velcro fasteners. Good Luck, Rick

#3 ·
Hi boyscout862, yes I'm thinking of using EMT, I sure wish there were some for sale near by. Was out plowing again this morning this time with the loader removed boy that's nice its like having power steering and so much better visibility I have to say the 1618 is a plowing machine now with the loader off the front there's even better rear wheel traction and it can push snow I like it.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Road surface
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Snow Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Snow Tire Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Plant
Wheel Vehicle Tire Snow Motor vehicle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.