Garden Tractor Forums banner

Over 5 Feet And Still Snowing!

6K views 70 replies 32 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 ·
So much snow that the usually unstoppable Kubota G5200 couldnt do it and the Ford LGT125 with the loader wasnt much good either. The snow is so deep, the blower couldnt blow it up over the top of the snow. So I broke out the shovel and after 6 hours I still cant get out of the driveway and the vehicles are not cleaned off yet! Not really a problem I guess because I work for a school and theyre closed anyway and the whole county is under a state of emergency. News says the National Guard is coming in because the townships are overwhelmed, must be true, there hasnt been a plow down my street yet, you cant tell where my driveway ends and the street starts!

#8 ·
That sucks! Glad I live down here!

#10 ·
Sounds like we live pretty close , The Poor Bolens had all they could handle today and its still coming.

The bottom layer that fell was all slush which made for a night mare with both plow blade and blower.... Got the driveway half done.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow.

I heard on the radio how much you all had, and it didn't seem like it could be.

When I heard it, it was 4 foot high and rising (as Johnny Cash would say) with two foot more on the way.

I take it your power has stayed on, though, right?

The Poor Bolens had all they could handle today and its still coming.
Maybe its time to get a Gravely, Brian! :D

Ben W.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow.

I heard on the radio how much you all had, and it didn't seem like it could be.

When I heard it, it was 4 foot high and rising (as Johnny Cash would say) with two foot more on the way.

I take it your power has stayed on, though, right?

Maybe its time to get a Gravely, Brian! :D

Ben W.
I think any brand would struggle keeping up with 4-5'' an hour snowfalls! :D\

Been a good 10 years since we got hit this bad with lake snow.

Luckily the power is on with 20'' more snow expected tonight :wallbanging:

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's a pic from one of the news channels

Yes that is a car!

Last night the ground was bare, this all happened in less than 24hrs!

Attachments

#23 ·
Some more pics I found

Shows how just a few miles away you could have sunny sky's and then a few miles in the other direction you could have a whiteout

Attachments

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yep, Brian, I have to agree with you. They haven't built a garden tractor to handle that much white stuff!

Go after something bigger:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ben W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.