#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 04:42 PM

Over night we got about 12+ inches of snow from 1am to 10am. I took the Jacobsen 1200 Super Cjief Hydro with single stage blower and cleaned our drive (sorry no pictures) can't drive and take pics at the same time. After I went to the neighbors and helped him clean his drives with his plow truck. After I got done there I realized that there was another 3+ inches of snow in our drive. I normally don't blow ours out until we have driven on it a lot to get a base down so we don't blow rocks and such. Due to our daughter getting married this weekend and the possibility of some company after I figured I should get ahead on it.  I need to plow the big side drive and yard but I am going to wait until it stops snowing so I don't tear up the yard. I'll raise the plow a couple of inches to keep from doing that. Supposed to get another 4-5 inches tonight and tomorrow. Snow came early this year normally we get this after Thanks giving. 

Had a problem with the lift for the blower. It doesn't want to stay up. Seems like it keeps slipping out of the notch. I have to look at it to see what I can do with it. I have another blower but I believe it is the lift mechanism nothing to do with the blower. 

Well....... have to get out and look at the lift. Happy snow removal guys ( and gals).                                                         Roger.

• MFDAC, FrozenInTime, classic and 2 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,109 Thanks
  • 3,201 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 04:48 PM

You can keep the snow thanks. Good luck with the wedding.  And how did the weight box work out ?   Noel

• hamman and FrozenInTime have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 05:11 PM

Oh ya. Been so busy forgot to post about the weight box. Thanks. I got it shortened by about 14" + - and it works fine. I used some angle to brace it from the sides to hitch on the tractor. Drilled a hole in the bottom channel after shortening and bolted it to the hitch. I will get some pics later tonight an post them here. It is great now not to have to worry about backing into something. Had no problem with traction and it seems to turn a bit better. Not so much weight hanging way out back taking weight off the front end. Been so busy. Thanks for reminding me.                                                                                                     Roger.

• propane1 said thank you

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 05:14 PM

Thats a pile of snow in one dump. We've had 4 snow falls but have only about 4" of it so far. Hope we don't get to much either this winter.Last winter we had way to much.

• hamman and propane1 have said thanks

#5 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 06:22 PM

I'm ready for the snow here. Purchased 3 boxes today and that should do the steps for any snow or ice.   :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• morton-salt-diversion-safe1.gif

• hamman, KennyP, superspeedex and 1 other said thanks

#6 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,031 Thanks
  • 1,126 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 08:51 PM

This winter has the feel that the first snow to fall will be the last one to melt next year! It did get above freezing here for a couple hours today, first time in over a week and the whole morning had no wind! By early afternoon it was blowing like heck again!

DAC

• hamman said thank you