Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Magnetic Heaters, Anyone Use Them?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 05:28 AM

Well I use one on my Kubota powered LGT and just this Mondayrreceived the second one in a 4 year span! They don't last forever but it sure does a great job of keeping the oil warm. I have mine stuck to the side of the oil pan and it runs 24/7 from Nov. To April. With these little diesels with glow plugs I have found that warm air at the air cleaner inlet also helps with -30° starts.
This year I have a brand new 800cca battery, new fuel pump and filters and it has been starting better than any of my kohler powered units. Only thing that starts better is my 1958 Ford 1841 industrial!!!!! NOTHING STARTS LIKE THAT TRACTOR IN THE COLD!! We have had only 1 diesel engine that would start like my Ford , and it was a NewHolland 675E backhoe!! That engine was unreal , powerful, good on fuel, and started every time, and instantly ! I have never seen anything like it. And it didnt have any kind of block heater either.

The magnetic unit i use is the Katts 200 watt unit. Amazon has them for $29 .

Thanks.  That right there is just what I wanted to hear.  I figure, if I can get 4 years out of one of these, I would be happy.  Mine has been running 24/7 for a few days now.  I paid $70 for the one I have.  A little more than expected but I figured it was worth it if it helps.  I'll look into the one from Amazon though.  If it's doing the job for you I may pick one up in case the other one fails.

Edited by David Brown, November 21, 2014 - 05:29 AM.

#17 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 09:39 AM

The AutoZone website shows in stock and $29.99 at the local zone. Thinking about picking one up this afternoon.

• Cvans and David Brown have said thanks