#16 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 12:29 PM

One last thing, i have read that sears has their own size category 0, does this mean that any garden tractor implement i find on craigslist will or will not work? Reading this made me a bit confused.  Thanks again

The 'Suburban' tractors had the narrow 3 point, built earlier than your FF. Original Sears 3 point attachments are narrower than a standard Cat 0 three point. The spacing of the lower lift arms are 12" on Sears implements, whereas 'standard' is 20".          

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 04:58 PM

Not a problem. I chatted with my uncle last nite and he will help me make the lift arms and adjusting link so i'm going to go ahead and order the weld on ball joint ends. Would it be ok if i used 2" bar instead of the 1.75"? Also where exactly does the stop assembly go? Do i really need it? 

I have the tractor all torn down and going to attempt a paint job soon. I'll try and get a picture. 

One last thing, i have read that sears has their own size category 0, does this mean that any garden tractor implement i find on craigslist will or will not work? Reading this made me a bit confused.  Thanks again

You won't have to worry on implements as the FF accepts 'REAL' Cat 0. The other you are talking about is an unreasonable facsimile!

The last bend out has a 34° angle. If you have any kind of drawing program, the other angle can be figured from there!

#18 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 05:31 PM

just a wild quess from my conduit bending days, 34 degrees?

If you bend out 34 and bend in 34, you will be  parallel on both ends of the arm. Offset (space between the lift arms) will be determined by the distance between the bends. The balls in the lift arm will add some slop to the arms and bends are not needed in some cases. The most important thing to look at is the lift links should be as close to vertical as possible when hooked to a true cat0 implement. 

• KennyP and drbish have said thanks