• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 02:24 PM

I am new to Gravely, but saw this sitting in field one day about 4 years ago and just had to have it. Don't know much about it other than it is not locked up, every thing seems to function like I think it should, (levers, controls etc. The real reason I wanted it is because it came with a 48" rotary brush and thought I could keep my long circle drive swept. There are no marking on the hood, I think it is 12 or 14hp kohler. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Willie

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0293.JPG
  • IMG_0294.JPG
  • IMG_0295.JPG

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:22 PM

That is a Gravely Commercial series with remote air cleaner.  I suspect Commercial 12.  The air cleaner is up high supposedly to keep it cleaner longer.

Ben W.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:23 PM

If you tell us what engine it has we can narrow it down closer.

Ben W.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'ld like to see the Brush attachment, if you could put on a picture?  I have brush on my big PK tractor and gonna be trying it out in snow this year.  Quite the air cleaner. I see someone has described that. Thought maybe it was to cross streams w/out killing engine like in army vehicles.. Just a little humor there! Your lucky to find a little newer model looks like.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#5 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:55 PM

I will post all the rest of the information and pics of all the attachments when I get home from west texas, which will be 10 days.

Superaben is this a good model? Is it worth keeping.
  • superaben said thank you

#6 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 07:15 PM

Looks like the tractor serial number decal is still on the flat plate joining the handle bars - just above the dash panel and over the left handle bar tube.

Garry

• Kmac1 said thank you

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 07:52 PM

I will post all the rest of the information and pics of all the attachments when I get home from west texas, which will be 10 days.

Superaben is this a good model? Is it worth keeping.

It is worth keeping in my book, but I'm a happy biased Gravely owner myself.  I personally like the Kohler powered ones if I plan on leaning on a Gravely. 

You'll like the power that little guy has.  It has pulled things twice its size for me.  My Gravely is a 5000 series (a little newer) but I also have a Commercial 12 that will add its power to the fleet as soon as I have time to mess with it. 

Ben W.

#8 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Glad its worth keeping, as I know nothing about Gravely but liked it when I saw it.  Besides the 48" rotary brush it also came with a 30" mower, small cultivator and dozer blade.  Its been going to be a winter project since I got it but it seems life tends to dictate how and where I spend my time.  Soon though soon.  Willie