• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac1 ONLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 01:13 PM

After arriving in west Texas Tuesday night to begin my 2 week work hitch I have had maybe 10-12 hours of sleep up until last night getting a full 8 hours. Working nights helping on a rig having hole trouble then not being able to sleep during the day I spent many hours on GTtalk. When I got up this morning I went straight to work writing up the spud sheet (the information/instructions I provide the rig to begin drilling) I noticed after about 30 minutes that my hands begin to shake, and my eyes just didn't seem to focus. I realized I didn't make coffee this morning. On shaky legs I manage to make it to the coffee pot and somehow with blured vision and hands shaking like a leaf in a tornado I got the coffee brewing. Got a cup and made it slowly back to my desk and drank my first cup. Nothing changed, hands still shook, eyes refused to focus when through the fog in my brain it hit me, I had not logged in to GTtalk since last night. With great effort I managed to log in and in no time at all the eyes were clear, hands steady as a rock. Now I know GTtalk first thing no matter what, coffee, then work. Really the only factual part of this is the lack of sleep the first 3 days. Just trying to express what GTtalk means to me, how great the members are, how much I enjoy all the stories and comments and without GTtalk my days and sleepless nights would pretty bleak. Willie
  • Bolens 1000, Alc, GTTinkerer and 7 others have said thanks

#2 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 01:27 PM

Willie,

My son Chris left for somewhere around Wheeling West Virginia this morning for four weeks after being off for two weeks.  He was supposed to go back last week but there was a problem with the rig.  The company will be shutting down for two days for Thanksgiving so he isn't sure if he will stay in the motel or drive 10 hours each way for one day at home. 

Heck of a life but the money beats anything up in the Frozen North.

• hamman and Kmac1 have said thanks

#3 Kmac1 ONLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 02:01 PM

It is a heck of life, but a life I love. I don't work on the rig, just a 3rd party service company that handles all the drilling fluid from start to stop. I got back in the oilfield 8 years ago this coming January. My schedule then was 28 on 4 days off which was fine since I could often be home by 1-2 in the afternoon and not go back out till next day. Then I went to 7 on and 7 off schedule which I really liked if close to home. Now its 14/14 in west Texas which is even better, except I loose 2 days driving down and back home. The longest I have been out is 52 days and I was past ready to get home. And you are right, you cant be the money especially for working 6 months a year like I do. I have my laptop in my company truck at all times and if I get stuck out somewhere I have GTtalk right there at my finger tips. Willie

#4 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:06 PM

Willie,
My son Chris left for somewhere around Wheeling West Virginia this morning for four weeks after being off for two weeks. He was supposed to go back last week but there was a problem with the rig. The company will be shutting down for two days for Thanksgiving so he isn't sure if he will stay in the motel or drive 10 hours each way for one day at home.

Heck of a life but the money beats anything up in the Frozen North.

I'm actually in wheeling wv right now eating dinner with my family. 20 minutes from my house. I'll he leaving in the morning for fairmont wv
  • Kmac1 said thank you

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:21 PM

Glad to hear you got your medical issues taken care of.  It's amazing what GTtalk will do for you. :smilewink:   Stay safe down there around that rig.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#6 Kmac1 ONLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Who needs a dr when you have GTtalk.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:47 PM

Gotta have that early morning GTTalk fix!

• Kmac1 said thank you