4 replies to this topic

#1 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • Member No: 59791
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 11:49 AM

EDIT: 3205.
I need to remove the 60" deck on 3205 cub with shaft drive. It's time to get ready to try out the 54" blade. It looks fairly straight forward except for the shaft drive. I've never removed one before and looking for tips and procedure for removing the easiest way.

Edited by cumberland, November 16, 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#2 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 12:46 PM

I have had several of these 3000 series Cub's.  The drive shaft is no problem.  The PTO end has a sliding collar that you pull back and it slides right off the splined shaft.  The other end to the deck is just a square shaft.  Be sure you secure the shaft once it is out from the tractor or it will slide right off the deck in transport.  Some of these large decks are a pain to get out from under the tractor.  I will lift the rear and turn the front wheels to lock, but be careful.  

#3 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Tim. It looked like a sliding collar but wasn't sure. I don't have a way to lift rear or front enough to clear deck. I'll just have to turn front wheels and try to wiggle out. I'm still healing from a hip replacement after being ran over by a farm tractor.

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 03:11 PM

Not sure about the CC decks, but could you make a small ramp and drive over. to get it out from under.

#5 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:17 PM

Got it off. Really wasn't bad at all after jacking rear up enough for gearbox to clear. The worst part was getting the 50# wheel weights on. These were from another brand mower , but fit nicely after figuring out which holes to use leaving air valve accessible. Only pinched one finger so it was a good day.

Edited by cumberland, November 16, 2014 - 04:19 PM.