• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm sure mine said Canada. I've seen a few of these around over the years and don't think I've ever seen one with USA on the lid.

The son of the founder went to one of the VGTCOA meets in Canada and talked with the members. I wasn't there but heard stories. I think Jim had a write up in the newsletter.

#17 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hope this pictures works for you if not let me know , I will get the info off to you . Think I already posted the manuals on another site. I will email them to you anyway. If I can be of assistance let me know. I think there is two different PTO lever mechanisms seems number 3 has a little bracket on the handle for the PTO the other one did not. Cheers Mike

Thanks, my engine strap has the hole in it were the pulley pivots. I was wondering what it was there for, now I know. I think I can make that. I don't have any attachments that would use it though(yet).

#18 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 06:56 PM

The latest Empire has a PTO but no hole in the strap between engine and trans., I really don,t know maybe all the later tractors came with the PTO or a different means of control was used. Tomorrow I will see if I can post some pictures of the latest PTO control on the wood handle. The second one there was no PTO pulley or shaft just a metal plate. Did you get a manual okay ? Cheers Mike

• Tbrooks said thank you

#19 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 08:00 PM

The latest Empire has a PTO but no hole in the strap between engine and trans., I really don,t know maybe all the later tractors came with the PTO or a different means of control was used. Tomorrow I will see if I can post some pictures of the latest PTO control on the wood handle. The second one there was no PTO pulley or shaft just a metal plate. Did you get a manual okay ? Cheers Mike

Yes, got the manual. Thank you. I see on the one price list that the pto pulley is listed as an optional accessory.