#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Today was opening day here in ny and I was out there before the sun came up, I hunt on a heavily wooded side hill with a clearing about 1/2 way up.  I set rite on the lower edge of the clearing with my back to the tree line and an old barbed wire fence.  after setting for around 2 hours this morning I heard something come crashing thru the woods so I get ready!!!  this foolish doe comes up the hill rite behind me where there are no trails or have ever been any and jumps the fence rite next to me!!!!  2' and she would have landed in my lap!!  my saving grace is that I sit with my back against a tree. 

Scared me so bad I wasn't cold for at least another hour, and still never saw a buck :mad2:

Pete

• grnspot110, hamman, tinbender7 and 7 others have said thanks

#2 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 04:58 PM

the pronghorn are so dum down here i shot 1 but i didn't kill it so i shot 3 more times but i missed so i reloaded my clip and shot 1 more time and killed it and the rest jest ran off once it drop

lol right 😂

Edited by pick-to-stone, February 04, 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,662 Thanks
  • 7,683 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 05:19 PM

the pronghorn are so dum down here i shot 1 but i didn't kill it so . . .

Wow! I don't know who is more amateur, you or the antelope.

edit; mispelled critter.

Edited by LilysDad, February 04, 2016 - 05:20 PM.

• pick-to-stone said thank you

#4 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 05:27 PM

i was closer than i thout i could get to them and the rifle was set at 200 yards and i was about 75 yard away from the one that i was shoting

Edited by pick-to-stone, February 04, 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#5 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 05:39 PM

Today was opening day here in ny and I was out there before the sun came up, I hunt on a heavily wooded side hill with a clearing about 1/2 way up.  I set rite on the lower edge of the clearing with my back to the tree line and an old barbed wire fence.  after setting for around 2 hours this morning I heard something come crashing thru the woods so I get ready!!!  this foolish doe comes up the hill rite behind me where there are no trails or have ever been any and jumps the fence rite next to me!!!!  2' and she would have landed in my lap!!  my saving grace is that I sit with my back against a tree. 
      Scared me so bad I wasn't cold for at least another hour, and still never saw a buck :mad2:
                                                                                                                                           Pete

and pete i feel your pain