• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 08:52 PM

Very funny i just  bought 2 new shovels at lowes because i will ware them out . it seams i will help the neighbors and no  one helps me . no no i not the angry one but just wait till i get my snow blade and blower for my tractor.

#17 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Got to say, I'm the overcompensator myself!  I live in the South, where snow falls perhaps once a winter and rarely sticks around; nonetheless I have a Gravely tractor with blade, a Massey tractor with blade, and I've caught myself looking at buying a snowblower for one tractor or the other several times!

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 10:45 PM

I have always been the procrastinator type. There is always the chance the crap might melt. Thankfully we haven't had much in larger accumulations. I honestly wouldn't mind a good foot or so. As long as it waits till I get used to the temperature changes and want to have the seat time :D

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,585 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 10:58 PM

A cross between the overcompensator, the snow angel and the procrastinator.

#20 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,682 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 05:28 AM

I honestly wouldn't mind a good foot or so. As long as it waits till I get used to the temperature changes and want to have the seat time :D

That's what your.....

Oops, I can't say that in the open form! PM sent!

#21 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 11:03 AM

I cleaned the streets in our small town (pop. 700) for years with nothing but a tractor and loader/grader blade. This was the winters of 1977 & 78.

We did progress to a large plow for the 2 ton dump truck, but it was a real bear as we have a lot of "dead-end" streets in town.

Finally got a 7 foot plow for the 4 x 4 pick-up and that worked very well. Actually could clear all streets in town in about 4 less hours than with the big plow!

1 person can not hit every street 1st! Someone will have their drive cleared long before I could get to their street.

The main streets in town were always 1st and worked out from there.

I can't begin to tell you the phone calls I got and the cussing I got for "plowing" someone drive colsed.

The only thing I can say is I did the best I could with what I had to work with.

PS......Some people appreciated what I was doing, and others got their drives plowed shut again!

• IHCubGuy said thank you