• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ktznz OFFLINE  

ktznz
  • Member No: 61792
  • 63 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 01:49 PM

Was the make and model of hydrostatic transaxle a Tecumseh/Peerless model 2512? Has anyone swapped a hydrostatic transaxle into a manual transaxle machine? 

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 02:51 PM

Not sure how much work would be involved in doing a M/W- Gilson. I think they used a right angle bevel gear box in them for the manual machines. Other brands like Wheel Horse are pretty easy to switch from manual to hydro. Good luck.
  • ktznz said thank you

#3 ktznz OFFLINE  

ktznz
  • 63 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 06:50 PM

Not really wanting to do a swap, but found a transaxle model 2512 from a Squire 12, I think. Was going to get it for parts for my 2312A, but found that they are different. That is why the question for what model was used for the hydro powered transaxles.  

#4 Sprint 6 ONLINE  

Sprint 6
  • Member No: 30633
  • 164 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 11:17 AM

A swap on one of these would require an entire parts tractor.  They have an odd setup compared to other models, I think the pump and motor are separate units instead of combined like most.  The later models with the lights in the hood are different still, based on pictures, never seen one close, I think they use an Eaton 11/Peerless combo.  I have always wanted a hydro M/W to go with my others, but they were not popular around here.  Ones for sale are either too far or too high.  I have been tempted to build one with a spare Ford LGT transaxle I have, looks like it would be fairly easy.

• ktznz said thank you

#5 ktznz OFFLINE  

ktznz
  • 63 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 10:40 AM

Not really wanting to do a swap, but found a transaxle model 2512 from a Squire 12, I think. Was going to get it for parts for my 2312A, but found that they are different. That is why the question for what model was used for the hydro powered transaxles.  

Actually, the I.D. was incorrectly sent to me. The transaxle is actually a 2312 and might be a 2312A.  Will pick it up this week.