Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Couple Questions Now That I Caught The Bolens Bug!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 07:01 PM

:wave: Thanks for your service! And welcome to the forum. I fixed your pics for you! Pics from a phone usually end up sideways until you realize which way to have the phone for forum pics.

• MyBolens1053 and Matt21ss have said thanks

#17 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 664 Thanks
  • 386 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 10:30 PM

See    what  did i tell you . If you went any kind of info on any kind of tractor part  here is were you will get the most and correct info  .......       belive me  .. here is the BEST. ......... just ask.?

#18 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 01:07 PM

Matt;   Welcome to the site...

I have it's brother to the G14,,,,  The 1556   ( Hydro )  with the 15 hp tec engine... Very similar,,  I believe   Not sure where you are going to start,,, 12,,  h14,,h16,,     Take your'e time,, take pics and notes of how things came apart,,and repeat the  assembly back togather..  Enjoy this site and ask ?????

sodi

#19 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm glad you said that.  I was thinking about the G11.  :wave:

Ben W.

see the effect of the buzzard that's what happens ! :smilewink:

• superaben and Matt21ss have said thanks

#20 Matt21ss OFFLINE  

Matt21ss
  • Member No: 60529
  • 8 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 09:53 AM

Thanks all for the responses!!!

I took a week of leave to try and tinker with everything, but the CO (wife) had other plans.  I had to make a bunch of woodworking stuff for an upcoming craft show!!!

So my tiller is on the workbench with the tiller case partially open. Both side tines are removed and ready for reassembly.

Now to find the oil seal (P/N 1185687).

boyscout862 : Since you live in CT, do you know of any graveyards for Bolens to pick parts off of. Maybe even a plow for this storm coming up?

superaben / bhts:  How much are your carb kits for the G-14 (Tech HH140-160018 SER4319E )?

Will be updating in the next week with questions and pics!!

Thanks to everyone for your support!!

Matt

• Sawdust said thank you

#21 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 04:17 PM

The carb kit runs $33.31 for the Tecumseh kit. I also have the oil seal it runs $13.68. I also have over a 100 different bolens here for parts and 1000's of new and new old stock parts here.

• Sawdust and Matt21ss have said thanks

#22 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 05:32 PM

I also have the parts instock if needed.

• Matt21ss said thank you

#23 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 08:36 AM

Thanks all for the responses!!!

I took a week of leave to try and tinker with everything, but the CO (wife) had other plans.  I had to make a bunch of woodworking stuff for an upcoming craft show!!!

So my tiller is on the workbench with the tiller case partially open. Both side tines are removed and ready for reassembly.

Now to find the oil seal (P/N 1185687).

boyscout862 : Since you live in CT, do you know of any graveyards for Bolens to pick parts off of. Maybe even a plow for this storm coming up?

superaben / bhts:  How much are your carb kits for the G-14 (Tech HH140-160018 SER4319E )?

Will be updating in the next week with questions and pics!!

Thanks to everyone for your support!!

Matt

I don't know of any Bolens nor tractor junkyards in Eastern CT any more. The last one closed about 8 years ago when the owner died. I've picked up parts machines when they were freebies or very cheap. Otherwise, it is easiest to order from our sponsors. Check CL for plows. You should be able to pick one up easily for under $100. Use the search function on CL but, know what you need. I have 9 Bolens GTS but only 2 working plows. I've found that the prices at the tractor shows are often less than CL. There will be atleast 7 within an hour from you next summer. I will post a headsup before each one. Last year there was a Bolens 1050 with mower, plow, tiller and hydraulic lift for $175. I passed on it because I didn't have my trailer.

Enjoy reading and learning now so that you can take advantage next year. Good Luck, Rick

To reduce engine smoking, do a thorough tuneup and add Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas. After a few months you should see less smoke.

Edited by boyscout862, November 29, 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#24 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hey Matt being a woodworker myself I would like to see some of your crafts. You can start your own thread over in the Hobbies section. My wife & daughter do that stuff a lot. My problem is I'm their source of inventory :)