• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 04:51 PM

I can sell just about any brand and type of additive that's out there and I honestly think they are all a waste of money.

The new ones that claim to cure ethanol problems are only water dispersers which means they break up the water molecules in the fuel and disperse them around so its not just sitting on the top, the fuel will still go bad sooner than they say though.

There is a brand called Star tron I just started experimenting with, I'm going to take a gallon of gas treated with startron and a gallon of non treated and let them sit a few months to see what happens...........

• olcowhand and LilysDad have said thanks

#17 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 717 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 04:58 PM

GMC dealer tell me that today's vehicles are built to run on the ethanol and that most of them doesn't keep the gas in them long enough to build up much if any moisture. But then they also will tell you to try and not let the vehicle go below 1/4 tank. They say this is really to keep the fuel pump cool and to make it last longer by using the fuel as a heat sink. For the boat, lawn mowers, my play tractors, chain saw and other stuff, I'm lucky that I have 100% gasoline within 3/8 of a mile and I use Stabil and Seafoam in that fuel because it does sit for periods of time. As for the price of it right now it is $3.19 per gallon but I'll buy it for those engines at whatever price they charge for it. As someone said above SNAKE OIL doctors.

• LilysDad and 1oldbuzz have said thanks

#18 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 12:14 AM

Well its $8 (Seafoam) and $22 labor. Just put it in yourself.

• LilysDad and Bill 76 have said thanks

#19 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 07:37 PM

That is why I only use non-ethanol in everything but my truck, doesn't last long enough there to hurt anything lol.

• LilysDad said thank you