• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62275
  • 517 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 02:40 PM

Been off the last 6 weeks following foot surgery and got my release to go back to work.  I must say those 6 weeks went by rather frast.  Got my equipment loaded and closthes packed and loaded and truck is fueled and ready.  Not looking forward to the 8 hr drive to Midland Tx but once on the road and settled in its not to bad.  Wore my steel toe boots all last week to make sure my foot didn't swell up  and cause me any grief.  So far so good. 

I know I didn't get near as much done on the snapper as I hoped, but at least I got the frame sand blasted and ready to paint.  Got Kyles 02 camao engine overhauled and put back in hte car, torque bars under the car, hooked up the hedders, rear brakes, and was building the rear end but found out we had the wrong gears for what he wanted so that is where we stopped.  I will be home in 2 weeks and we will finish it up then.  Well gotta go long drive ahead

• Alc, hamman, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 Jazz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62028
  • 1,344 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 03:01 PM

You don't sound ready to return to work as you still have some "irons in the fire" 6 weeks is not enough time off since you likely were not in 100% operating mode having a foot injury. I have had to take time off for numerous surgeries over the years and although I always stayed busy never ticked off all the items on my "list"

Good luck and be safe.

• boyscout862 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#3 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,633 Thanks
  • 8,518 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 03:50 PM

Have a safe trip, good to hear your back up and going again.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,581 Thanks
  • 38,979 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 06:46 PM

Be safe and have a good trip down there! Hope we'll hear from you often. Sometimes, you can't get it all done.

#5 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,451 Thanks
  • 7,342 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Be carefull, it is just so easy to reinjure after a surgery. Baby yourself alittle. I hope that you heal 100%. Good Luck, Rick

• Kmac1 said thank you

#6 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62275
  • 517 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yes I am ready to go back to work. Anything I left unfinished at home will be there when I get back. I have been careful with the foot, even though it feels really good today. The steel toe boots are new and stiff almost like my walking boot so that may make me a little over confident. It's good that I have this air card so I can keep up while on the road. Should be to destination in 90 minutes or so.
  • boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks