• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hafazzal OFFLINE  

hafazzal

• Member No: 2102
  • 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 11:27 AM

Am thinking of doing a exhaust stack on my LGT125 similer to big tractors. Anyone done such a thing? How about back pressure?
Thanks

#2 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 12:24 PM

olcowhand built a stack for the ford lgt 165 that I now have.

here is the thread about the building of it.
http://gardentractor...r-scratch-1785/

#3 hafazzal OFFLINE  

hafazzal

• 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have a good muffler, but the threads in exhaust port are stripped. Also the threads on the screw in fitting for the muffler. Thinking of making a flange for the 2 holes in the engine block that stradle the exhaust port and go from there. I picked up this Ford LGT125 for cheap. Has a fairly new short-block, but the guy installed the driveshaft backwards resulting a lot of vibration which shook all sheetmetal shrouding and exhaust stuff to junk!!!

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 03:19 PM

Do a little more inspection of the block's threads. MANY times they appear to be stripped, but are filled with carbon to look like the threads are stripped/shallow.
I use a dremel with the tiny cutoff discs to clean out the threads. I can't tell you how many I've cleaned out to find great threads under all the carbon. If you had a large enough NPT thread tap, you might could chase the threads clean with it easier if the tap isn't too long .

#5 hafazzal OFFLINE  

hafazzal

• 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thanks olcowhand,
Cleaned out threads in the block as best as I could. I was able to screw in a 1" blackpipe nipple and use one of the kohler 8-12 hp pancake style mufflers. Works good, but a little loud. Will cut the threaded portion of the kohler fitting off and try to weld threaded portion of a blackpipe nipple onto it if the fitting is cast steel. I'll keep you posted on this project.