• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ram41662 OFFLINE  

ram41662
  • Member No: 62945
  • 8 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 01:26 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm hoping that the combined knowledge here will make me a better Bolen's owner. I recently received a GT2000/Troybilt GTX20 that I'm fixing up. There are a few oddities in how she operates (i.e., the mower deck shuts down when you touch reverse) but I'm sure the manuals I've dug up will help me better understand things.

What I'm really interested in is sources for attachments. I really want a snowblower, but I haven't had any luck locating a reasonably priced one near me. Then, there is the problem of a subframe. I've found enough pictures to make up a drawing for fabrication, so I might have that problem solved. One possible source I've looked at was a company named RadTechnologies. They make "white labled" attachments for several tractor manufacturers. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? They make a shaft drive snowblower that looks very much like the ones I've seen on GT2000s. Also, I've kind of fallen in love with their power broom, so I might just have to find a way to make their products work for me.

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 05:15 AM

:welcometogttalk: , and :wewantpics:

There are several Bolens guys on here that will be able to help you. Just hang tight until they see your post.

#3 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Welcome,the issue with the deck shutting off is a safety feature,pain in the ***,it can be bypassed,those are super nice tractors,the attachments are a little hard to find and sometimes pricey,good luck with it

#4 MyBolens1053 ONLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 10:30 AM

:welcometogttalk:

I'll be watching to see what you come up with RadTech.

#5 ram41662 OFFLINE  

ram41662
  • 8 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for all the support. I'll shoot some pics soon. I need to get a few moments free in the shop, which should happen once I get the big equipment serviced and out of the way.

#6 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 01:08 PM

I have 2 of these that I have converted to Diesel. I have a loader on one and mow with the other. They are good tractors and are worth the effort to keep them running. Can't help you with attachments but I would be doing a search of Craig's list everyday as I have had good results there. 

Good luck with your GT2000

Bolens 10-26-12 010.JPG

Edited by Cvans, November 11, 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#7 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 08:45 AM

Cvans those tractors look awesome. I always wanted one of the 2000 series tractors. Do you have a build thread showing the installation of the diesel engines?
  • Cvans said thank you

#8 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 09:10 AM

There are a few oddities in how she operates (i.e., the mower deck shuts down when you touch reverse)....

Welcome,the issue with the deck shutting off is a safety feature,pain in the ***

Interesting... my GTX-18 doesn't have the reverse lock-out and it hasn't been bypassed. There's no mention of it in the op manual and no reverse switch on the schematic or on the tractor.
  • Cvans said thank you

#9 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 10:18 AM

nglauer here is the last one I did.

http://gardentractor...l=diesel bolens

• nglauer said thank you

#10 Bigdaddydon OFFLINE  

Bigdaddydon

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 75 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 05:08 PM

nglauer here is the last one I did.

http://gardentractor...l=diesel bolens

In your thread you mention you converted a mower deck from belt to shaft drive.  Did you start a thread on that or can you let us know how you did it and how it went?

#11 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 05:53 PM

I don't want to Hi-jack this thread so will add to the original . 

• nglauer said thank you

#12 Jonathan OFFLINE  

Jonathan

• Member No: 1708
  • 4 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm hoping that the combined knowledge here will make me a better Bolen's owner. I recently received a GT2000/Troybilt GTX20 that I'm fixing up. There are a few oddities in how she operates (i.e., the mower deck shuts down when you touch reverse) but I'm sure the manuals I've dug up will help me better understand things.
What I'm really interested in is sources for attachments. I really want a snowblower, but I haven't had any luck locating a reasonably priced one near me. Then, there is the problem of a subframe. I've found enough pictures to make up a drawing for fabrication, so I might have that problem solved. One possible source I've looked at was a company named RadTechnologies. They make "white labled" attachments for several tractor manufacturers. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? They make a shaft drive snowblower that looks very much like the ones I've seen on GT2000s. Also, I've kind of fallen in love with their power broom, so I might just have to find a way to make their products work for me.

Rad Tech made the blowers for Bolens. It wouldnt hurt to ask them for a drawing of the sub frame.
The frame for the manual and hydraulic angle blades are identical to the snow blower frame.
The snow blower I use on my GT2000 is from an Eliminater.
  • Cvans and ram41662 have said thanks

#13 ram41662 OFFLINE  

ram41662
  • 8 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I had a suspicion RadTech was the original source, even if their current product is slightly different. I've got to install a couple of forced air heaters in the shop, service a diesel-powered vacuum and a 20,000 cfm dust collector, then I can get to play with my "new" (well, new to me) toy. I'm going to see how much help the folks over at RadTech are. I'll keep you all posted.
  • Alc, Cvans and nglauer have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gt2000, radtechnologies, snowblower, powerbroom