• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 02:17 PM

Well we go 5/6" of the white stuff and its 22*F with the wind blowing, thanks to the %*&#* city I really had a fun morning previously a couple 3 weeks ago the under cut the street right to the ramp going into my shop then filled it in with carp and some gravel no packing fast forward to last week it rained then last night 6 in of wet sticky snow  went out with the PK and blade pushed straight out the door going good turned to get the snow next to the doors blade hooks on the lip of the ramp back wheels spin about 3 revs and the tractor it about down to the axles I'm stuck. A friend came by with his pickup and pulled me out. So avoiding that area I tried plowing with the PK it went good they can really push snow only other problem was the blade was not shinned up and this wet snow stuck to it and didn't roll off as it should otherwise it works good. I ordered a set of Deestone Tri Ribs for the front which will help with the steering.

On another note not so good went home before dinner and got the Husqvarna out and made about 4 passes with the snowblower things were going good pulled the hydro lever back to backup and heard a pop and had the lever in my hand just dangling and its in reverse and the hydro release spring is streched so it will be fun loading it on the trailer, oh well that's the fun of living in MN in the winter.

• Bill56, Gtractor, MH81 and 14 others have said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 03:07 PM

I feel ya Bro..its already down in the 60s here...burrrrr

• Bill56, hamman, JDBrian and 1 other said thanks

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sounds like I am not the only guy that the first snow gets the best of.

• MH81 and GTTinkerer have said thanks

#4 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 06:10 PM

We had a solar spill here today..what a mess,some folks even got some pretty bad burns..

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Not a good day for sure!

#6 cpg OFFLINE  

cpg
  • Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 07:09 PM

Here in the UP of Michigan the weather service warning on the weather channel now says storm totals of 25-35 inches between now and Wednesday at 11am. Got the equipment all serviced but it is going to be one heck of a clean up!

• Bill56, GTTinkerer and KennyP have said thanks

#7 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hi cpg, I don't envy one bit when it comes to the snow you get in the UP, I used to do a lot od work up there for Mead Paper Co in the 80's and 90's I really like it in the summer and fall.

"We had a solar spill here today..what a mess,some folks even got some pretty bad burns.."   I feel so bad for you all down there its just terrible when that happens :wallbanging: :wave:

Well things went better this afternoon sold a 40" dual stage snow blower got the F-250 out and plowed the yard here at the house, got the backup snow blower out of the storage shed will install it on the Suburban 16 and use it at the shop and take Big Red out here to the house until i get the Husqvarna going again.

• MH81 said thank you

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 07:53 PM

I made two passes and noticed the left rear tire was low, the chains nearly pulled a knob off the tread. I didn't even get 40 years out of those tires. Bridgestone of Japan is going to be getting a strongly symboled letter from me very soon. 

8-16 size, if anyone has a pair laying around.

The mighty Ariens ST824 picked up the slack. That, and neighbor Dan with the JD 318/49 blower. Oh, and neighbor Ron who came over and got the wife in the drive mid-afternoon with the JD 425/47 blower. Annnnnd neighbor Jason who popped over with the Polaris 500 and his plow blade.

:worshippy1:  :worshippy1:  :worshippy1:

Nevermind, found a pair.

00t0t_dcZYKeql4G4_600x450.jpg

• KennyP, Nato77 and superaben have said thanks

#9 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Auburn, what fun is there watching the sun shine? No adventure in that. LOL.

• Bill56 said thank you

#10 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 08:32 PM

The ground isn't even covered here at home. Now you go about 15 miles north and its a whole different scene. Weather man was a little off this time.

MNGB sorry for your rough morning. The nice thing is spring is right around the corner, well sort of. At least that's what I'm trying to think of.

#11 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hey Cat385B, did you just find tires or tires and rims? Either way they look good, I just won three 225/75R16 on auction for $3.00 each they should be the same size as the original 8.00X16's the intension is to use them for turf tires and duals.

Nato77 what part of MN are you in that you didn't get any snow, I guess there was no snow north of Fergus Falls and lucky me I'm about 20 south of FF.

#12 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:10 PM

Tires and rims off an Ingersoll. I will be paying about 10 times more than you, however.

Nate lives in the middle of the state at the top of a big hill. Every direction is downhill, that's how he gets to the best deals first.

• KennyP said thank you

#13 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:23 PM

Tires and rims off an Ingersoll. I will be paying about 10 times more than you, however.

Nate lives in the middle of the state at the top of a big hill. Every direction is downhill, that's how he gets to the best deals first.

Ok on Nate being king of the hill :dancingbanana:  still a very good deal Cat385B, looking at the pics the rims will bolt on the PK?

#14 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:28 PM

, looking at the pics the rims will bolt on the PK?

According to info just received, the Ingersoll rims have a 4&5/8" hub diameter, and a 6" bolt pattern.

#15 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:55 PM

Went out this afternoon and started blowing. Feeling pretty cocky about having gotten the Kubota ready for winter 2 weeks before winter hits. A few minutes later the auger starts banging in the housing. Luckily it was just a bolt that fell out and a short time later I was up and running again. 

We didn't get a lot of snow but it did drift.