Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

1St. Annual Garden Tractor Conference/convention

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: 1st. Annual Garden Tractor Conference/Convention (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you attend a 1st. Annual Garden Tractor Conference/convention?

1. Yes (13 votes [37.14%])

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

2. No (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

3. Possibly, need additional information (21 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

How far would you be willing to travel

1. 50 - 100 miles (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. 100 - 150 miles (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

3. 150 - 200 miles (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

4. It really does not matter I would come anyway. (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

What would be the range, for room and food, if you were to attend

1. $75 - $100.00 (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

2. $100 - $125.00 (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

3. $125 - $150.00 (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

4. $150 - $200.00 (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

5. It really does not matter as long as it is not a motel 6 or Waldorf Astoria (11 votes [29.73%])

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 RMCIII OFFLINE  

RMCIII
  • Member No: 61844
  • 37 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 06:28 AM

Those of you who voted "possibly" need more information.... Would you send me a PM regarding the information you specifically would like to know? I would rather answer individual’s questions, and then place the next round of poll questions. Ensuring the "Possible" voters questions have been answered.

Rob

#17 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 06:06 PM

well I think your doing an ok job so far in your poll, but maybe more guys would go yes if they knew exactly what the itinerary was. for example you could say "guys we will show you how to built a cub using 6 bags of marshmallows and a licorice stick",. or "guys we will have a man here that patented a garden tractor transmission for Deere", or something like this.  I know I hate to commit to going to an unknown first time event, with out a lot of details. I'm sure a lot of your possibles, would turn to yes with a schedule of events up front. I personally think this is a great idea, but im hesitant to commit the little off time I have, to going on an adventure blind.

• RMCIII said thank you

#18 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 07:31 PM

My biggest thing would be obvious. You plan 100 guys. I assume you are going to have multiple events running simultaneously to allow everyone to attend what interests them.
  • RMCIII said thank you

#19 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 07:29 AM

I know you are just getting the ball rolling but I have been lucky enough to attend these "shows" and they have spent many years getting it right.

Green Industry and Equipment show in Louisville KY   http://gie-expo.com/gieexpo

Golf Industry Show show at various locations nation wide    http://golfindustrys...tion-conference

The GIE model mat fit your needs better than the GIS,

• MH81 and RMCIII have said thanks

#20 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,717 Thanks
  • 4,275 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 08:11 AM

I think location and date are the 2 biggest factors with content being a close 3rd for anyone making the decision to attend. Would this be an actual show with a swap area or just meet at a motel and use their convention room? Indoor shows are a little different aspect. The Maumee valley club puts on an indoor show in Fort Wayne IN every March. Gas in the machines is a big issue. They offer some seminars during the event. Their seminars are more general in nature. I know one they have is a DOT agent talking about hauling- chaining laws. Seems there was one on charging and starting systems and some others. Their stuff is aimed more at the big tractor crowd. Have you considered going with an established show like that and creating more to the garden tractor side of it? Might be a good way to at least get it off the ground. I know thw Allis Chalmers guys have a winter gathering of the orange similar to what you are proposing but I have never attended. The industry shows that Bill linked to are great for seeing the new machines for the year but this really wouldn't be possible with old equipment. We have some dealers in the hobby with new reproduction parts but the vendor area would be pretty slim.

• Lauber1 said thank you

#21 RMCIII OFFLINE  

RMCIII
  • 37 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 03:26 PM

Lauber - you do make a good point regarding content of the convention.... That was going to be the next round of questions.... See what sparked the most interest in seminars.... See which questions of engines, electrical, sheet metal, transmissions, generated what type of responses, and then break it down 1 more time... The conference would be designed around the members’ answers... What they would like to see...... It is difficult to make a conference that meets everyone’s wants, but if it is designed around the majority of members input, then it should very well have the draw we need to build off the first one and have another 1........ Like I mentioned in the Red Square forum. The most difficult thing about this is getting members to commit to their commitment..... < Yeah tongue twister!

Rob

• Lauber1 said thank you

#22 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:53 PM

well you got around 30 people interested enough to at least vote one way or the other, so I would think with the next round of polling  you would be right in the ballpark. I don't have the authority to say so, but maybe if some of the major groups could come together  and join forces to promote this kind of thing, it would be better and go farther.

• RMCIII said thank you

#23 RMCIII OFFLINE  

RMCIII
  • 37 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 06:36 AM

Lauber ---- Your thinking is right in line, with the plans for the convention. Between the (2) forums the targeted responses are almost there. We need just a few more voters from the groups...... Planning of the next round of questions, I am still looking for the PM's from the voters on what may possibly interest them, or keep your attention at a conference, so you feel the trip was worth it. I have some ideas of my own, but it truly is about the Forums.... Need some input members...

Rob

#24 RMCIII OFFLINE  

RMCIII
  • 37 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Ok.....we are close enough between RS and GT forums I think it is safe to say we have generated enough interest we can set up the next round of polls. These next questions will be very general.. Reason is to make it general to see where the most interest lies in location, seminars, trade show, ect... Then once we have an idea of what the majority of the members interests are, we can begin to get more specific. Again, this is the members Convention, you are telling me what you want, and I am developing the convention around your responses. Look to see the questions later today.

Rob

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 08:49 AM

If I could suggest a new thread with a new poll? I believe your response numbers would be greater that way.
  • GTTinkerer, Lauber1 and RMCIII have said thanks

#26 RMCIII OFFLINE  

RMCIII
  • 37 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 01:06 PM

Great suggestion. Do you think it should have the same title?

• GTTinkerer and Lauber1 have said thanks

#27 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 02:00 PM

ya I'd keep the same title and do maybe part 2 or updated, to keep continuance in the thread.

• GTTinkerer and RMCIII have said thanks