Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

To My Friends Gt Talk And The New Members.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:55 PM

I just turned 31 today, spent a few hours with a girlfriend between her two jobs and me working on the house all morning, such is life now a days, nice to sit next to her and talk, as I did today, I did plan on meeting for lunch at a cafe but instead we stayed here and talked a bit about my Planet Jr seeder drills on my wall, life, look over pictures of my youth and think about the upcoming winter.
She will be leaving soon for a few months, money means having to travel sometimes, we are always on the go.

To the new ones welcome to the hobby, bit different from the ones I walked into as a child but the people are great and collecting/restoring remains for the most part the same but ever evolving and teeming with new ideas and new finds, out of everything i collected garden tractors has become my favorite because of the lifestyle and the people, GT Talk became and still is the best.

To the old ones, because of you guys the only reason i even stayed here even though i have not restored anything in several years, it goes beyond the tractor into the hunt, the challange and every new young one happy to be here is worth every word typed on this fourm, i wish you all well.

As for me, my last restro was a 1959 David Bradley Roto Spader, I have never taken it to a show much less spent a whole day at one in a long time, the times is such one has to spend 80 % of his/her life working, even during week ends and holidays.

After losing several close family members in just a few years time has left me hollow, lonely and looking towards absolutely nothing for a future while politics bury us in nothing but problems with a moron at the helm happily leading the stupid while our young grow up indifferent to the world so i spend my days in the orchard or the cab of the tractor alone away from it all, more so now then ever before. Sometimes i find myself floating, just reacting to the changes through out the day.

My last project was to repower a Allis Chalmers B-10 with a Lister LT1, it was for the future in a effort to save fuel cost and longevity due to the new junk being sold as heavy duty. Regrettably that has ended in failure just as it begain, after sitting there this afternoon looking at Carolina I realized just,.... how tired I am now,....but I have to keep working, keep fighting, keep moving and look for the next time I can sit next to her for a few hours and live.....not suffer.

Staring at the sun
no rays down on me
I call you in my arms
embrace is unreal

Your moving on
we'll never be apart
just drain my tears

I cry aloud.

You're moving on
You'll never be apart
of all my tears

I cry aloud.

Calling on your sins
You're here in my dreams
a desert place

I'm not alone.

Do you really
want to be me?

You're moving on
We'll never be apart again
just drain all my tears

I cry aloud.

You're moving on
You'll never be apart
of all my tears

I cry aloud

See you all on the forum.

Best Regards,

Edited by trowel, November 09, 2014 - 07:59 PM.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, Bill56 and 20 others have said thanks

#2 Delmar OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,246 Thanks
  • 2,377 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:17 PM

Happy Birthday!  Thanks for sharing that. That was nice.   All I remember about turning 31 is......ok I was busy supporting a family.  work work work .

• rustyoldjunk, dthomp17, trowel and 4 others have said thanks

#3 Bud OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 337 Thanks
  • 400 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:30 PM

Happy Birthday!!!
  • rustyoldjunk, trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 dthomp17 ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2987
  • 480 Thanks
  • 409 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:30 PM

Wow, turning 31 was a long time ago for me but I do remember trying to make ends meet on a relatively small paycheck and trying my best to support my family.  Happy birthday and thanks for sharing.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,662 Thanks
  • 28,314 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Happy Birthday, and thanks for sharing

• rustyoldjunk, dthomp17, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:39 PM

Happy Birthday,Jesse! Congratulations to you!! Losing loved ones and friends is difficult for sure. It's easy to say things like, "life goes on" and "keep your chin up", but that doesn't mean it's so easy to live it. Like you said, life can feel pretty "hollow" at times.

Wishing you the best, Jesse.

• rustyoldjunk, dthomp17, trowel and 3 others have said thanks

#7 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 39654
  • 1,331 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Happy Birthday!

#8 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for sharing all that, Jesse.  

Happy birthday! 

Ben W.

#9 Bmerf ONLINE  

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,667 Thanks
  • 1,420 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:01 PM

:happy_birthday:  Jesse.

• rustyoldjunk, trowel, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#10 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,518 Thanks
  • 3,067 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:31 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jesse.  One day at a time, Grasshopper. Thanks for the poem.

• dthomp17, trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#11 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:36 PM

Happy birthday Jesse. I just turned 60 a couple weeks ago & been doing some looking back myself. Many love ones gone, kids grown, don't want to work much longer, etc. Thanks for sharing your thoughts it was an honor to have you open up to us. Being in Men's Ministry for many years we all need to open up more often & share our thoughts. One of the things I use to share a lot with the guys was...It's ok to plan, work hard & want the best for the future. Don't worry so much about tomorrow that we forget about today. Thanks again for sharing & hoping the best for you.

Edited by Sawdust, November 09, 2014 - 09:37 PM.

• Bill56, dthomp17, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#12 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:52 PM

Happy birthday ! Glad you had a wonderful day !
  • trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#13 Gabriel OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:52 PM

Happy birthday, Jesse!

• trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#14 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,139 Thanks
  • 4,553 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 02:35 AM

I've had quite a few more B-days than you but have spent lots of time in thought and gaining perspective of my life.  My world has just about been destroyed by loss of loved ones and politicians & I agree with what you say about the idiot @ the helm and I will go no further there for fear of getting warning points!   :biting_nails:

I wondered what song those lyrics were from..  Took a look around & found one HERE  

Be safe and stop by once in a while! :ok:

• trowel, boyscout862 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#15 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,458 Thanks
  • 7,347 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 07:04 AM

Happy Birthday. Farming is very hard and risky. Around here most of the farmers have a part time job to give regular income and medical insurance. Driving a school bus is popular with them. Taking on a farm by yourself is a huge burden as you sort it out. Things will get better as you work through the problems and find the tools and techiques that work best for you.

I'm 63 and it seems like every month another friend dies. By remembering them, a little part of them lives in our memories. Tommorrow is Veterans Day, I usually get sad thinking about friends lost and mangled. Many didn't make it to 19 years old because of LBJ. I find its a day that I prefer to be alone in the woods, usually cutting firewood.

A "sanity pause" is necessary whenever we feel overwelmed. It sounds like you were having one but maybe you need more. Hang on it will get better. Good Luck, Rick

PS Just put the B10 back together the way it is supposed to be. Then look at converting a Craftsman to wood gas. Put the diesel on a belt drive like an older Wheelhorse.
  • Bill56, trowel, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks