#16 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 12:44 PM

You hope!!!   :firejumper:

Tranny didn't act up in dad's truck until 180K, that was after pulling both lanscaping trailers/travel trailer before he bought it, then dad's beating on it with loads gravel/ firewood/ contruction supplies. Too bad GM has never gotten a handle on rust issues of the bodies in their trucks, dad's truck is destined for part out and the scrapper. :(

I know the 2000 GMC 1500 we had at work, rusted so bad the bed sides actually fell off and the corner of the cab was completely gone. 

My 2004 Ram had rust so bad around the rear fender wells that my fender flares fell off. 

My 2003 Ranger the bottom of the tail gate rusted off.

Rust issues are still pretty common even in vehicles made in the last 10 years.  I don't know that we will ever see a rust free vehicle. 

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 12:52 PM

I don't know that we will ever see a rust free vehicle.

They're all over the place.  "Rust free vehicle".  Around here that means you buy the vehicle and get the rust for free.

• TAHOE and Sawdust have said thanks

#18 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 02:24 PM

I know the 2000 GMC 1500 we had at work, rusted so bad the bed sides actually fell off and the corner of the cab was completely gone. 

My 2004 Ram had rust so bad around the rear fender wells that my fender flares fell off. 

My 2003 Ranger the bottom of the tail gate rusted off.

Rust issues are still pretty common even in vehicles made in the last 10 years.  I don't know that we will ever see a rust free vehicle. 

F*#d is giving it a shot with their 2015 trucks. I wanna see the repair bills from the body shops when they try to fix all those aluminum panels.

Almost every generation of GM had bad cab corners, not sure what they couldn't figure out.

#19 StefC OFFLINE  

StefC
  • Member No: 59856
  • 127 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 03:00 PM

Not Toyota specific but in mind of loading capacity, this pic of a slightly overloaded small truck in Johannesburg. We encounter this quite often, but not as bad as this one.

http://censorbugbear...l-kids.html?m=1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415735993.930067.jpg

Mogster
  • TAHOE said thank you

#20 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 10:19 AM

One wall has been repaired.  Power is being installed so I can't repair the other walls.

wall.jpg

This is one of the walls where they tore the copper wiring out and damaged the wall, there is also a large hole in the ceiling where they tore the wires out of the ceiling.

inside damage.jpg

Outside of the building.  This was snapped the first night.  All the trash has been burnt, the ground around it has been cleaned with an excavator.  Looks much nicer now.  I doubt I get to paint the outside since it is getting pretty cool now. 

outside.jpg

• TAHOE said thank you

#21 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 10:24 AM

Does that truck have the short bed?  I think that's what I'm seeing from the picture but it's hard to tell.  How on earth did you haul two sheets of drywall with the short bed?

#22 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted November 12, 2014 - 11:34 AM

Does that truck have the short bed?  I think that's what I'm seeing from the picture but it's hard to tell.  How on earth did you haul two sheets of drywall with the short bed?

very carefully.

5 ft in the bed, 3 feet out!  Hauled it that way for 140 miles.

• David Brown said thank you