1038 replies to this topic

#211 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 08:16 AM

Brian,  it is definitely up to you which path you choose. I also like the Cancer Center in Houston. My sister has been treated there and had great results in her fight with melanoma. She has been cancer free for 8 years. 

I will support you in any way I can no matter the path you choose.

May GOD bless and heal you through the work of your doctors and your family's support.

I will continue to pray for you and your family in my daily prayer.

Be strong!

Geno

• Bill56, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#212 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Brian, your thinking of delaying or bypassing medical treatment really caught me off guard.  An 85% cure rate statistic is an awfully good number, and that is an average of weaker & stronger people, so you being a stronger guy, you can likely add a few digits to that 85%.  Does the natural healing side have any statistics to offer?

I have my 2 sisters undergoing treatment for colon cancer right now, and without medical treatment, I am sure I would not have either sister now if it weren't for medical treatment.  Brian, once the cancer metastitises into major organs, the cure rate numbers drop dramatically.  Mary Lois, my older sister.....her cancer had not spread other than to lymph nodes like yours.  Her treatments just ended and she is cancer free at the moment & enjoying life again.  My sister Angela  didn't find it soon enough and it had already spread to her lungs.  They removed half her left lung, and then cancer hit her liver and she is on chemo and radiation again.  Without the medical treatment she has already had, she would already be gone today.

Dad's bladder cancer would have killed him long ago had medical intervention not taken place, not to mention the prostate cancer he had treatment for several years ago that would have taken him a lot sooner.

My dear friend, the speed at which you attack cancer is everything, so you know where I am going with my opinion.  I say do both, the diet along with medical treatment.  And as far as the religious aspect of things, I am a man of faith, but I also feel what the medical field is capable of doing is a lot to do with miracles of medicine, which is a gift from God just as much as faith healing is.  I know of several Amish families in my area that lost children to faith healing that would have been a simple thing to correct with standard medical treatment.

It is however your decision Brian, but you asked for opinions, so I gave mine.  No matter what you decide, my prayers will be with you every step of your way.  I want you healed!   But, give the medical treatment a LOT of thought, and quickly, for speed is everything now.  I know through my own blood family, and you are my family as well!  

• Bill56, massey driver, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#213 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 09:57 AM

Brian, this may sound a little odd, but hear me out. I know of a pastor that explains the history of the bible, along with clearing the thoughts of many opinionated people that think caveman walked the earth! He is very good, and has done a lot of research to back his teaching. 

I can't remember the country off hand right now, but it's over near Russia, and has a population of around 1,500 people. None of their community members have ever had a disease or any type of cancer for the past 200 years. Their diet? They eat the seeds out of organically grown apricots. Not the best tasting, but apparently effective. When God created this world for us, he had all kinds of fruit trees and vegetables growing in the garden of eden for Adam and Eve to eat. All of these fruits and vegetables had the nutrients and vitamins that our bodies needed in order to survive and live longer. Think about how long Noah, Moses, Sarah and most others, lived. Most of them lived well into a 200-600 years old. As time passes, new foods started to become available, most of which are now processed in factories, or were chemicalized in order to grow faster. These added chemicals are what is causing most of the diseases in today's world. These chemicals are breaking down the fruits and vegetables, along with meats, and we aren't getting the vitamins anymore, that God has created our bodies to need.

I haven't found organically grown apricots yet, but you can best believe, that when I do, I will start adding the seeds to my diet. I eat a lot of vegetables, mostly raw and uncooked, and I also enjoy fruit every now and then. Most of the vegetables that I eat are straight from the garden, with no chemicals added, but the fruits are store bought. Since my fruit intake isn't the greatest due to unwanted pesticides, I'm starting to take vitamin supplements. I know, the vitamin supplements aren't as good as getting them naturally from the fruit or vegetable, but hey, it's at least something.

I'm not a pill taker, never have been.  Not because they are hard to swallow, but because they are engineered and in most cases, are only a "band-aid" in covering up the real problems. Some pills will cause you more problems down the road, then they will for the quick fix that you are taking them for. If you don't believe me, listen sometime to all of the side effects that may result, in all of the medicine ads on television. Sure it will make you feel better now, but eventually it will cause you problems later. My Mom used to take a pill for everything. Headaches, heartburn, upset stomach, little aches and pains. As a result, she developed cancer in her pancreous (?) and liver. I'm a firm believer that the medication that is available out there, is what is killing most people today. We need to get back to the God given medication that he provided for us. There are natural foods that will help in eliminating aches and pains, you just have to do your research to figure out what helps what. For instance, eating an apple will aid in eliminating a head ache. Sloshing natural lemon juice in your mouth for 30 seconds will eliminate a tooth ache. Natural vitamins and minerals. Not false, processed foods, or scientifically made capsules or pills. 

Sorry for writing a book, but you asked for my opinion, and I decided to not hold back. I'm standing along side you with whatever decision you make, as I know you won't do anything drastic without doing your research. 

Edited by johndeereelfman, November 23, 2014 - 10:24 AM.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks

#214 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 10:51 AM

Brian, I can't say for sure which way is the best to go and as others have said it is your decision.  If you watch Dr. OZ and some other professional shows they all say that food can relieve medical issues.  I do believe that certain foods and herbs can help heal the body.  But to what extent I'm not sure. 

Back in the early 90's we had a friend who had cancer,  I don't remember all the details, but what I do remember is that His wife took over his treatment (she is from Germany and grow up and believes in natural healing)  and she used food, herbs and prayers.  He lived another 7 or 8 years before he died from another medical issue.  His wife has studied herbs and natural healing ways all her life so she is very well versed in it.

I also have friends who have gone through chemo and are still kicking around today.  My wife's grandmother had bone cancer and went through chemo.  She lived for another 2 or 3 years and it came back. She refused to go back through the chemo again, but she ended up dieing from congestive heart failure. She was 89.

The one thing I would strongly suggest is that you get a second opinion and also find someone who is very knowledgeable on the natural healing process, not someone working in a natural food or herb store and do not relies on just the internet. Then make your decision from the facts you have found.   The one thing I am 100% sure of is that a positive mental outlook will increase your chances of betting this.  That means you have to be confident in what ever treatment you decide on.  I'm not recommending one treatment over the other, just my experience with each.  I wish you the best and will be here for you.

• Bill56, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#215 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 11:24 AM

I don't have a medical opinion any more than the other guys here, Brian. All I can say is cancer is an aggressive disease, and I think being aggressive right back is the only way to stop it. Whatever you decide, we will keep praying for you, my friend.

• Bill56 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#216 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 11:55 AM

Thanks Friends, I have not given up on Chemo., I just wanted to know if anyone here had any personal connection with natural healing. I am doing a lot of research and seeing a lot of different results, but I know the right answer is out there. I am going to beat this by GOD's Grace and Healing powers. I am still leaning hard on the sound medical advice and treatment, so don't think I've went off the deep end.

Really just wanted to hear your thoughts about these treatments. Thank you and may GOD Bless All of you for giving me your opinions.

• olcowhand, Bill56, MH81 and 6 others have said thanks

#217 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Brian, there is no "deep end" to go off my friend.  It is right that you think & discuss ALL avenues of healing.

• Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#218 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 01:26 PM

I'm glad you are investigating all avenues. That makes for a sound decision when that time comes.

• Texas Deere and Horse and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#219 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 01:27 PM

Brian, this may sound a little odd, but hear me out. I know of a pastor that explains the history of the bible, along with clearing the thoughts of many opinionated people that think caveman walked the earth! He is very good, and has done a lot of research to back his teaching. 

I can't remember the country off hand right now, but it's over near Russia, and has a population of around 1,500 people. None of their community members have ever had a disease or any type of cancer for the past 200 years. Their diet? They eat the seeds out of organically grown apricots. Not the best tasting, but apparently effective. When God created this world for us, he had all kinds of fruit trees and vegetables growing in the garden of eden for Adam and Eve to eat. All of these fruits and vegetables had the nutrients and vitamins that our bodies needed in order to survive and live longer. Think about how long Noah, Moses, Sarah and most others, lived. Most of them lived well into a 200-600 years old. As time passes, new foods started to become available, most of which are now processed in factories, or were chemicalized in order to grow faster. These added chemicals are what is causing most of the diseases in today's world. These chemicals are breaking down the fruits and vegetables, along with meats, and we aren't getting the vitamins anymore, that God has created our bodies to need.

I haven't found organically grown apricots yet, but you can best believe, that when I do, I will start adding the seeds to my diet. I eat a lot of vegetables, mostly raw and uncooked, and I also enjoy fruit every now and then. Most of the vegetables that I eat are straight from the garden, with no chemicals added, but the fruits are store bought. Since my fruit intake isn't the greatest due to unwanted pesticides, I'm starting to take vitamin supplements. I know, the vitamin supplements aren't as good as getting them naturally from the fruit or vegetable, but hey, it's at least something.

I'm not a pill taker, never have been.  Not because they are hard to swallow, but because they are engineered and in most cases, are only a "band-aid" in covering up the real problems. Some pills will cause you more problems down the road, then they will for the quick fix that you are taking them for. If you don't believe me, listen sometime to all of the side effects that may result, in all of the medicine ads on television. Sure it will make you feel better now, but eventually it will cause you problems later. My Mom used to take a pill for everything. Headaches, heartburn, upset stomach, little aches and pains. As a result, she developed cancer in her pancreous (?) and liver. I'm a firm believer that the medication that is available out there, is what is killing most people today. We need to get back to the God given medication that he provided for us. There are natural foods that will help in eliminating aches and pains, you just have to do your research to figure out what helps what. For instance, eating an apple will aid in eliminating a head ache. Sloshing natural lemon juice in your mouth for 30 seconds will eliminate a tooth ache. Natural vitamins and minerals. Not false, processed foods, or scientifically made capsules or pills. 

Sorry for writing a book, but you asked for my opinion, and I decided to not hold back. I'm standing along side you with whatever decision you make, as I know you won't do anything drastic without doing your research. 

Thank You Troy for sharing.

You need to look into juicing (if your not already). There is several studies that show using organic fruits and vegetables to make 4 to 6 8oz glasses of juice is the effective way to get all the nutrients and vitamins out of the juice. By using a juicer, you extracting all the fluid that can be absorbed in the blood steam with little to no digestive effort. While drinking it as a blended smoothy takes more effort to get the result in digestion.

One thing I can say for sure is, Organic is the way to go, but it isn't cheap. If you don't eat the skin, then organic isn't that big of a deal, as far as chemicals that are used in growing goes.

• olcowhand, trowel and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#220 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 01:08 PM

I am at work today for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks, going to see how this goes.

• olcowhand, Bill56, KennyP and 8 others have said thanks

#221 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Glad you got out of the house!

#222 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 06:18 PM

I have been avoiding this for a while but the hell with it, hope this helps not harm.

Less was the first, Esophageal cancer, extremely painful, the insurance companies killed him, simple as that, we allowed them to control every aspect of Less's life and his metical treatments, the cancer metastasis at a exponential rate. We wanted to explore alternative options while the insurance fought over were, why and when regarding treatment, our biggest mistake was to ask for permission which upset the doctors greatly.

After several weeks of kemo and chemical it was too late, the pain was so great the morphine no longer worked, any higher a dose would of OD'ed him, could not take the screaming anymore so we bid him good by and put him into a chemically induced coma, I prayed for a quick death, a week later he passed.

His last words to me was ''I will see you later'', he was the first and a sign of things to come, this Augest we buried my uncle Glade when he lost his battle with cancer, he was the 7th death in 8 years, again he was positive to the end.

You can not say maybe, could be or should be, YOU WILL get better and YOU WILL live, never forget that and never stop fighting, explore every option and move fast, we are right behind you and will continue to support you in every way.

I will continue to check in regardless of what comes to pass.

Jesse

• olcowhand, Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#223 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 06:56 PM

Brian called today & I have to say, he has his head screwed onto his shoulders really well!  It helped ease my mind hearing him speak in such a positive way.

It was so good to talk with you Brian!  Yes, Brian, you WILL win this battle....YOU WILL!

• Bill56, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#224 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 08:28 PM

Jesse, THANK YOU for voicing your opinion, I want to hear from everyone who has been touched by this terrible disease.

I had a good 1/2 day at work, I ran the lathe for about 5 hrs finishing up one of the 4 hubs I need to get built for a project of ours. I am pretty tired, but other then my rear end hurting, not feeling bad at all. I will go back in for the morning as I have another Dr. appointment at 3PM tomorrow. I am hoping to find out the results of the PET Scan I did Friday. Daniel, it is always a real joy for me when I get to talk to you and hear how well you sound and also check up on your Dad, Sisters and last but not least, Teresa.

• Bill56, Alc, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#225 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Well, I screwed up and missed my appointment today, it was yesterday at 3PM and I got it wrong. I will see him next Tuesday and if I don't find out about the PET scan tomorrow then I will have to wait.

I worked again today for about 5 hrs., but must have over done it some by picking up too heavy piece of steel because I am really hurting and trying to take it easy this evening. Want to work tomorrow morning, but will have see how I feel in the morning.
  • KennyP, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks