#1 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 09:02 AM

My neighbor gave me this saw almost 2 yrs ago when he moved. It was given to him, he had 2 other saws and didn't want it, knew nothing about it. Since my nephew took back my dad's Stihl 250 they bought for him, I was left with dad's old Poulan 260 which is getting worn out.

Any to the Homelite, pulled it out of the box, oiler must not hold, there was a pint of bar oil inside case.

Put a little gas and oil in it, pulled the cord. Second pull, cord stuck out, it had frayed near end of pull and wouldn't go back in so.....off came assembly and I fixed that. So, onto starting. I pulled just 3-4 times and she fired. Off/on running- stalling until I figured out where it liked the choke. Once running it seemed to run decent, but wants to super fast idle. I tried to cut a log, but chain feels a little dull so didn't go so well.

I did some googling, I guess this was one of the worst saws Homelite made, heavy and under powered along with some other issues. Some guys hate them, others say they are okay. I read the high idle is due to a crack intake boot so I will find one of those and sharpen chain which looks to be a current 18", but 20" bar inside case.

Guess I will give her a run and see how it does.

Anyone else own/use a 330?

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 09:49 PM

I have been watching this thread.  Dad had an EZ-Automatic that he used for years but that is a different saw than yours.  Any more details on them?

#3 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Most of mine are older so I'm not much help here. 

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:10 AM

Well, sharpened chain, mixed up some new gas and headed to the wood pile. Ran good, threw nice shavings for about an inch cut then bogged down and shut off. Won't rev up at all, will start and idles fine, but will not take the fuel. Gotta do some more googling on to what maybe the problem. It has sat for at least 2 yrs i know off so maybe clogged carb.

I was reading they are notorious for that rubber intake boot cracking and fuel lines cracking. I dunno at this point.