• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Daniel, I went to Tylenol and Motrin when I weened myself off my pain meds, you might give them a try tomorrow. Glad your doing so well !! :thumbs:

• Craig. and Cvans have said thanks

#422 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 02:44 PM

Daniel, I went to Tylenol and Motrin when I weened myself off my pain meds, you might give them a try tomorrow. Glad your doing so well !! :thumbs:

I'll wait & talk with my Dr's Thursday to be sure.  My blood thinners make taking anything a trickier proposition.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#423 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 03:04 PM

I'll wait & talk with my Dr's Thursday to be sure.  My blood thinners make taking anything a trickier proposition.

That is true.  I know aspirin tends to thin the blood I'm not sure about Tylenol or Motrin.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#424 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 03:19 PM

I tried to ween me off pain pills with aspirin and and ended up spending 10 days in the hospital with internal bleeding, and blood 

transfusions and all that goes with it .SO LISTEN to your DR!!

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#425 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 06:04 AM

Didn't sleep as well without the pills, so back on them round the clock at least till I speak with my surgeon & family Dr's.  Waiting for the pills to kick in this morning.   May take my 1st trip into town (Teresa driving of course) to look at new refrigerators.  Ours has been giving fits for a while now & want to switch to one with bottom freezer for less stooping over.

#426 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 06:05 AM

So I see your getting about fairly well now, how is that decal cutter of yours doing? I may be needing some soon? Glad to see your getting around, be careful!! One miss step and you could undo all that healing!!
I have a good friend that is in constant pain from his neck injury ( was a firefighter and got hurt on the job) and he has had many surgeries ,and apparently to no availe as he is still a hurting unit! 20 years later... So be careful dang it !
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#427 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 06:08 AM

No decal cutting for a while yet.  Need to finish a set for a guy asap, but bending to weed & assemble is still too difficult.  When able, I may start making a lot more than I used to if I can.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#428 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 06:11 AM

I have a good friend that is in constant pain from his neck injury ( was a firefighter and got hurt on the job) and he has had many surgeries ,and apparently to no availe as he is still a hurting unit! 20 years later... So be careful dang it !

Was his fusion surgery, and from front or back of his neck?  No fusion or cage involved in mine, so much simpler in my case, so I'm hoping simpler healing.  I watch very carefully where I place each step, as a trip or fall could be devastating.

#429 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 08:04 AM

Well, yesterday I pushed myself harder than any day since surgery, and yes, I'll admit too hard, as I was worn flat out past flat out last night. I expected to wake this morning stiff & hurting, but to my extreme amazement, I feel the best yet...seriously!   My neck was fine before taking my meds, which I slept almost 2 hrs past normal time to take them.  My neck has more flexibility than yesterday even, PLUS numbness in my hands is extremely less than what I woke to yesterday.  Yes, I still know I need not push my envelope as much as I did yesterday, but I am so happy with all that is happening in the way of improving.  Dr appointments late afternoon.  Until then some rest, some cleaning up more junk so I can park my truck in it's old space.  

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#430 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 09:05 AM

Didn't sleep as well without the pills, so back on them round the clock at least till I speak with my surgeon & family Dr's. Waiting for the pills to kick in this morning. May take my 1st trip into town (Teresa driving of course) to look at new refrigerators. Ours has been giving fits for a while now & want to switch to one with bottom freezer for less stooping over.

Yeah Daniel stay on them until the doc checks you out. Even then reduce dosage slowly. I tried that recooperating from a triple hernia surgery....didn't work for me too well either.

Edited by Sawdust, June 04, 2015 - 09:07 AM.

#431 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,264 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 12:24 PM

Behave yourself or we will tell T on you...
  • DougT, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#432 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:27 PM

Rave reviews from both Dr's! Blood INR is a bit higher but due to the shots I had to give myself and should settle soon. My surgeon said whatever I'm doing, keep doing it but carefully. I was straight up with him what I've been doing and he's ok with it,just maybe cut my days shorter. Still another 4 weeks taking things easier
  • Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 4 others have said thanks

#433 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Good reports!

#434 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:31 PM

If the Doc is happy with what your doing and you feel better, then by all means go for it. As the swelling goes down and the healing  carries on, you'll be doing back flips before long!

• olcowhand, Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#435 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:45 PM

When I had my elbow operated on I went to the doc to have the cast off and he said it was not totally healed so he was going to leave the staples in, but not put on a new cast. He said I was to lift nothing heavier than a coke can. 

I got a deal on a 4 wheeler and was slowly taking it down the hill to park it in the barn. The throttle hung up and it went wide open. With only one arm I couldn't do much but ride. It hit a 6000 pound machine and moved it about 8 feet. I flew off, hit the machine with my newly operated on arm, dislocated my left shoulder, hit my head, and wound up laying about 30 feet from the ATV. I managed to get back on my feet and since the ATV was still running I figured I could drive it to the house. I walked about 10 feet and saw my hat. After painfully picking it up I found my sunglasses and Bluetooth headset inside it. 

The ATV was going nowhere because the front and back end were nearly touching. I shut it off and hobbled to the house and had Steph take me to the ER. 

The next day I had an appointment with the surgeon. I walked in looking like I had stepped in front of a freight train all bandaged up. I did a ot of damage to the front side of my elbow (whatever you call that). He looked at me and started to lecture and I stopped him and said, "I did not pick up anything heavier than a coke can," He was laughing so hard he could barely tell the nurse to take the staples out. 

• olcowhand, Bill56, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks