443 replies to this topic

#391 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 764 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 07:37 AM

1St surgeon checkup is this Thursday regular Dr too to check INR (blood thinners). I feel I'm doing great but just need to learn how to relax while doing nothing without worrying at the same time.

I agree with you on that! Dont be worrying, that does more harm than good. Your only job is to heal up, leave the rest to God and be @ ease!
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#392 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 07:42 AM

Being a active person like lots of us . It becomes very hard to sit and take it easy,we want so much to get back to our regular routine.After my big accident, I spent 2 yrs fighting trying to get back to the way I used to be ,[and of course making life miserable for my wife] before accepting the fact that what I have is what I have and I'd better just settle down and get on with life. The hardest part is having to take it easy. So try and take it easy things will eventually get better.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#393 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 08:40 AM

Being a active person like lots of us . It becomes very hard to sit and take it easy,we want so much to get back to our regular routine.After my big accident, I spent 2 yrs fighting trying to get back to the way I used to be ,[and of course making life miserable for my wife] before accepting the fact that what I have is what I have and I'd better just settle down and get on with life. The hardest part is having to take it easy. So try and take it easy things will eventually get better.

Not the first time I've heard this kind of thing. I tore up my knee over 15 years ago. Idiot doctor convinced me to let it heal on it's own. 10 years later, I finally had enough physio and a surgery I got back 80%. I fired that Doc...pisses me off every time my wife goes back to that Quack.

Knee surgeon told me that with appropriate prompt care, 99% recovery would have been about 8 weeks.

Edited by camdigger, May 30, 2015 - 08:44 AM.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#394 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 09:38 AM

Yes, there are Dr's out there that would have prescribed me physical therapy & all sorts of other things rather than surgery, but seeing my MRI myself & having 2 different Dr's besides my surgeon tell me surgery was my only option, I wanted it done asap.  Even this aging farmer's mind & eyes told me I was in dire need of surgery. I also think this switch of pain meds yesterday morning has already made me feel better.  Just took a shower & shave & feel pretty darned good for my circumstances! :thumbs:  Wishing I could at least mow grass, but that time will come soon enough.  My neck's range of motion has already increased a good 25% over pre-surgery and gets better every day......loving it.  Still pain, but all part of it.   The best part is now Teresa can relax a bit & doesn't feel like she can't leave my side.  I'm ready to send her to go shopping so she can truly relax a bit.

• Gtractor, grnspot110, Craig. and 6 others have said thanks

#395 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 11:41 AM

.   The best part is now Teresa can relax a bit & doesn't feel like she can't leave my side.  I'm ready to send her to go shopping so she can truly relax a bit.

Kind of an expensive way to relax.

• olcowhand, grnspot110, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#396 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Kind of an expensive way to relax.

Might be worth it!

Glad you are feeling better! No mowing right now, to bouncy! Be happy to walk around!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#397 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 03:34 PM

If you mow now you just might become a Bobblehead, so dont do it! :D

• olcowhand, Craig. and Sawdust have said thanks

#398 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 04:22 PM

Been relaxing MOST of the day.  Buzzards were circling a bit long in one spot for my liking, and with the recent lightning I took a walk down into the woods just past the old chicken barn/former calf barn/old shop.  No sign, of dead anything.  Then while sitting on porch, we see heifers coming up the road!  Called Josh & he was at his FIL's helping service his discbine.  Fearing another 40 heifers coming behind them, I got on the 4 wheeler and gingerly rode down the road.  They went to a spot with a broken top wire, one jumped over.  I drove past the other & by the time I turned around, it must have also jumped over, as it was nowhere else to be seen, so must have hightailed into the field out of sight.  Later I'm taking another slow ride to check the rest of the fence line next to the road as I need no more surprises.  If I find more places needing repairs, I'll have Josh take care of it.  While I want NO part of riding the 4 wheeler in a field, the road drive was nice & relaxing.

• grnspot110, Craig., KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#399 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 05:53 PM

Glad you got out some, but your reasoning is sound. You don't need the jerks in that tender neck just yet! Watch riding to town too!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#400 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 06:17 PM

Your sounding better Daniel. That confidence/comfort in your own well being & the ability to get better means so much for yourself & family. It is so hard for active people to do nothing but take this time to rest & heal. I went through both shoulder replacements over the last four years & doing nothing was so hard. Thanks for keeping us updated.
  • olcowhand, massey driver, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#401 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 06:22 PM

You can't sit around forever. When my back goes out and I can't walk It drives me bonkers. When I get to where I can hobble I make my way outside even if I just stand and look at all the work I need to be doing. 

Glad you got some fresh air. Nothing feels better than getting back outside. 

• olcowhand, massey driver and Craig. have said thanks

#402 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:27 AM

Sounds like things are coming along for you Daniel. When I'm down for whatever reason I always get out a pad of paper and a pencil and start planning projects, making lists of stuff to do, thinking about long standing problems with equipment or attachments and how those problems could be solved etc. Sometimes I come up with ideas that wouldn't occur to me when I don't have as much time to think something through. 

• olcowhand, massey driver, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#403 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:43 AM

Yesterday I ended up driving the 4 wheeler up the road a ways & visiting a neighbor who went through surgery a while back.  He didn't know who was poking so slow up his drive till he made out the red Massey hat.   We had a great visit & felt good to go see him.   He's doing great & had been wanting to visit me, but thought it too soon, so was happy to see me out & about.  Spent the most time yet up & about at one time yesterday, which was about 6 hours.  Building up every day.  I think 6 weeks will be plenty to start doing easier work, but just gotta see how it goes.  Hoping in a week or 2 maybe pain killers can be dropped, but that too we'll have to wait & see.

• massey driver, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#404 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:45 AM

Just don't let the feel of wind in your face cloud your judgement of what you're not supposed to be doing.

Glad you're feeling better and that you're recovering well.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and JDBrian have said thanks

#405 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:52 AM

Just don't let the feel of wind in your face cloud your judgement of what you're not supposed to be doing.

Glad you're feeling better and that you're recovering well.

Don't worry Alan, even with Valium flowing through my blood, my head is clear as new plexiglass with the blue film removed even.  I have new tires for my Yamaha 1100 Virago I just left in the blue wrap I put away, as I have no desire to attempt putting on for a long time yet.  No work getting done by me except as an advisory position. 8lb lifting rule adhered to.  Heck, half a gallon of milk is a stretch when one gallon is allowed.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks