• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • Member No: 59791
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:23 AM

I was wondering if using front snow plow with weights & chains on rear, is it necessary to remove mower deck?
I would think it would be better off , but dread the hassle of taking off & putting back on right now. I'm still recovering from a accident where I had hip replaced. This is on a Cub 3205?w/ 60" hydraulic deck. With hydraulic blade in front, would deck hinder plowing or just add more weight?

#2 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:29 AM

If it sticks out past the plow then it is a no go. And it depends on how high it raises up it could be a huge pain although I got a buddy how puts his tiller on as a counter weight for the blower or blade
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:32 AM

It may hinder your progress if you have to drive through the snow when not plowing. I used to have to drive to the top of a hill and then plow down. It also depends on how they are attached. Most of my GTs have to have the deck removed to put the plow on. Good Luck, Rick

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:45 AM

As mentioned in the above posts. Width might be a problem, getting hung up is another problem. Having snow build up in front and under the deck will cause the tractor to possibly get stuck and lose traction sooner. I couldn't see me leaving mine on for 5 mths and always having to watch what I'am doing so not to get stuck [high centered etc;]

• GTTinkerer said thank you

#5 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 01:35 PM

I hadn't thought about the blade being 54" and deck 60". Plus the blade will be angled too, so it may only be clearing 48". I guess I better be looking for a place to take off & store. Probly try to stand on its end in garage. In running out of room fast. I really needed to take deck off any for annual service anyway. Thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 07:13 AM

Also, not sure if the deck would being raising/lowering with the blade on the Cub. It would on my FF and just cause a high centering action.

#7 cumberland OFFLINE  

cumberland
  • 26 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Also, not sure if the deck would being raising/lowering with the blade on the Cub. It would on my FF and just cause a high centering action.

It raises & lowers fine with blade on. It has separate valve handles for each. The hydraulic deck valve could be used for a power angle kit, but I don't think it's needed for my plowing for the most part. My chains came the other day, now I just need to get the rear weights on.