• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 skifoof OFFLINE  

skifoof
  • Member No: 52872
  • 53 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 10:41 PM

IMG_0623.JPG my 920 that ran away from me,now needs complete rebuild,just sittin till I can locate parts,thought i'd share

• Texas Deere and Horse and Gabriel have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 10:57 PM

What happened to it?

#3 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 06:50 AM

Sorry to hear, was there permanent damage? I have a B6000 that I got from a friend the PO son told him it needed rebuilt so it sat for years in the garage and then my friends as well. I checked all fluids put a battery in it and it's been running ever since. When I asked what said to have happened the PO said the air filter sounded like a muffler. Fortunately there was no permanent damage to ours. It's a great little machine. Hope you can get yours staightend out.

Take care
Mikeimage.jpg

#4 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 11:45 AM

Man I hope so too those are cool tractors

#5 skifoof OFFLINE  

skifoof
  • 53 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 09:34 PM

texas deer,it had sat for years before I bought it,with supposedly only needing a front crank seal,which the po sold with it,i got the seal in easy enough,when it started the engine went beond full rpm's,unfortunatly I had never experienced this and wasn't prepared for it not shuting off with pulling out shut off ,only thing at the time I did think of was to yank off fuel line,not knwing I should have plugged air intake to shut it down,it screamed for a good 2 minuted before it quit,I discovered the rack in the injector pump was really stuck,i did located a good used pump out in pa,got it running again but had no power at all and smoked badly,there was a lot of metal filings in the oil and filter when I drained it,its been 3 years now and I still have not been able to find parts..,lesson learned, I will be prepared with any diesel engine that has sat a while to have something to plug air intake to prevent this from happening again...look on you tube for engine runaways you can see it happens a lot on tractors and other things,scary stuff,i know of a local fellows john deere 4630 that this happened to

• KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#6 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:10 PM

That is really a bummer. Knock on wood but with all the diesels around here that has never happened to me. Did you purchase this from Brian? 

You might consider transplanting a Yanmar or Kubota into it. 

#7 skifoof OFFLINE  

skifoof
  • 53 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 10:04 PM

no,i got this south of Minneapolis ,near hastings

• Cvans said thank you

#8 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:52 AM

So what are your plans??  Rebuild the Lombardini or repower?   If you decide to replace the Lombardini, I would be interested in it as I need some parts for my 920.  Need the air duct that goes along the side of the cylinder jugs(PO made up one from scrap but I want the factory part) and I could use the muffler as mine was really beat up.   I would buy the whole engine as a core if you decide to junk it.  While not cheap, they can be rebuilt.  Diesel and Cheap do not belong in the same sentence.  I need to rering mine, but its gonna wait till spring, Those ring sets are $130 per cylinder!   I cant imagine what bearings cost.  These do use a clam shell bearings on the rods like a car.  Give Sandy Lake implment a ring, they might have an undersize bearing so you can get the crank turned. Its probably savable, just going to be expensive.  Sandy Lake Implment is one of the better sources for the engine parts for these, might take a bit to get them from Italy but they can find them.  You really need to pull it apart and see what the actual damage is.  Probably spun bearings on the rods and the need for new rings.   Mike

Edited by mtoney, November 09, 2014 - 08:54 AM.

• Cvans said thank you

#9 skifoof OFFLINE  

skifoof
  • 53 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 08:28 PM

ya,spendy I know,sandy lake is where I found the good injector pump,i do want to keep it original,i did find a place out in ca that I can get parts I guess,i called ,they needed more numbers,so when I actually have the funds i'm gonna give them a call,this is just one of the 920's,i have another one with power steering and a super nice 7790 simplicity...one thing I noticed different on a diesel than any other 900 series,they have a wider rear axle,i noticed while plowing with my 7790 this year,the plow didn't seem to follow as nice as my 912,i looked at all three diesels and they r definetly wider...don't know why though.

#10 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 09:51 PM

Nice Allis Chalmers! Thanks for the picture!

Edited by Gabriel, November 14, 2014 - 09:52 PM.