• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:44 AM

Had snow Friday but didn't stick. Brother up the road 160 miles also got snow and it stuck around most of Saturday. Set a new record low Saturday night Sunday morning at 19F. fire arm deer season is only 12 days away so I think winter the best time of the year is close at hand.

:D   Al

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 09:47 AM

It snowed like crazy in/around GR most of the day Friday, but the ground is just too warm for it to do much.  That brought the rest of my leaves down, and so I mulched leaves Saturday to wrap that up.  Sunday morning I had 17.8* on the thermometer.  Was a beautiful, clear, crisp, still morning!  Went out and put an hour and a half on the loader, clearing some drainage to the county culvert, now that the leaves are down...felt good to get chilly hands and sip hot coffee on the tractor.

I may get the snowcab on another machine next week...attachments are quick and easy so I don't monkey with those until they are needed.  

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 10:37 AM

warmed back up here,gonna be in the 70s most of the week.

#4 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 11:29 AM

Rained, snowed, sleeted all night and we have a good inch of the white stuff this morning, but only at -1, so it'll probably go by tomorrow. This inbetween stuff is the only thing I don't like about winter.

• MH81, propane1 and Auburn David have said thanks

#5 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 04:02 PM

Heading out in the Atlantic tomorrow to catch sea bass porgy and ling looking at 66 degrees not going to be many more of these days this year.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#6 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 12:40 PM

You're a lucky man Hank, I won't be fishing again until the water is good and firm. And yes, the snow is still here--- summer is over.

#7 Kmac1 ONLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:20 AM

1-3 inches per snow fall is our average here in Oklahoma, and that's when everyone gets in their car and forgets how to drive.  Its like watching smash up derby on Saturday night.  I have seen 13-16 inches a few times in 54 years.  The first couple days are fun then its time for it to go away.  I may be seeing all the snow I want, I was offered a job in Alaska on a 28 day rotation, still haven't decided yet if I will take it though.  That's when its time to pray about it.  Willie

• KennyP said thank you