• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 07:19 AM

It is possible that your hydro could be getting weak. A poor pump would cause reduced lifting capacity, and slower lifting under load.
That would also cause the tractor to slow down when it hits resistance.

Very true Jim. I once owned a CC that had a worn hydro and as soon as I got to even a slight uphill, it would slow by maybe half to 2/3 of it's speed. The rotors & faceplates were so worn it was leaking lots of pressure under load. This as an MTD Cadet so not worth expense or time to repair. I found another unit. On the older hydro's, you can machine both parts & renew them.

#17 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 08:16 AM

Ug, that was what I did not want to hear. If I get a different pump, should I buy new?

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 09:06 AM

Ug, that was what I did not want to hear. If I get a different pump, should I buy new?

You don't even wanna know how expensive they are new!!! I've bought used with GREAT results, but depends on the seller's honesty. One of my Massey's Sundstrand hydro was shot. I had an old pump for parts & swapped out the worn rotors (faceplate was still good).....she's pushing my FEL today with POWER! I've bought a good 3 complete hydro units, and all worked perfectly.