• Gtractor said thank you

#62 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 10:34 PM

I only have a few tractors(very few,)..I get in trouble for just asking for parts..or gas for that matter..so you folks have got it made if you ask me. Yes Auburn, we saw the (look) you posted remember ?

#63 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 10:41 PM

If my wife said anything about my GT collection I would play the shoe card and she would back off like Dracula to holy water she could make Amelda Marcos blush with the shoes.
  • DougT and Savageman have said thanks

#64 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 860 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 05:27 AM

My wife decided having me home playing with my guns and now old tractors is better than living alone.

Or wondering how drunk I was going to come home or what other woman's bed I was in.

There are so many issues to rail about today with out crabbing about some ones collection.

I was talking the other day about taking my pup out in a misty rain for a walk, then giving here a good towel rub down and the pup really liking it. I got a invite from a lady there to come give her a good towel rub down. So there is always some one else who would be happy with you.

:D   Al

Edited by alleyyooper, November 04, 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#65 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 07:44 AM

I worked up the courage to show my wife this post, and after reading it she said, "See, I'm not the only one who feels this way" then I got the look something like Chris's. Knowing this post didn't help my situation much, I felt like I need to explain my addiction to her again, and then proceeded to tell her I could be worse. I explained to her the closeness of the family sharing time together working on the collection, and told her how relaxing it is to bring back an old tractor and making it shine again. I thought at first she was ignoring me, but she was actually thinking of something to say. This is the reply I got:

"I know you enjoy collecting tractor, I get that. What I don't get is, why you have to have so many? Especially when they all look the same. I did take notice that you and the kids have been spending quality time together, and you and Caleb seem to have gotten closer since starting on his tractor. I don't understand your spending of money on parts, paint, and tires, especially when we don't have the extra cash, just to restore a tractor that is just going to sit in the garage and not get used. I'm glad to have you here at home instead of out in a bar, and I know you could be doing things a lot worse. I'm thankful that you're not! I admire your dedication to your collection, and I truly believe that there is no stopping you whenever you set your mind into getting something you don't have. I don't understand this whole tractor facination thing, or why we have a garage full of tractors that make you complain each weekend because you don't have room to work, but one thing I do understand, and that is this. You said you enjoy bringing back an old tractor to making it shine again. You enjoy putting in the time and work, in order to fix all of the broken parts and replacing the old parts with new, as it will not only give off a better appearance, but will also add value to the piece if done right."

"Well, that is my thinking too. For you see, when I first met you, you weren't the new shiny tractor. Over the years I have learned to read your manuals and study your parts. I gently stripped your old paint, tried my best to fix your dents, and replaced your broken parts. Although some of your replacement parts were expensive, I feel it was well worth the time and effort spent. There were times after I reassembled you, that I found something just wasn't right, so I took you apart again, and started over. Over the past 14 years, I was able to provide you with three attachments, Caleb, Shayna, and Ryan. Each attachment fit you perfectly, and you handle them well. When you work with each of them, I'm very happy at how well you all are so compatible."

"Do I want perfection in you like you want with your tractors? No, not by any means. Perfect people are annoying. However, you have come a long way over the years. I complain about your collection and sometimes think you love the collection more than you do me, but deep down inside I do realize that it is what makes you happy and keeps you content. When I think back to how you used to be before collecting, compared to how you are now, I have to smile. You come off as this big tough guy who knows a lot about tractors, works hard, and gets upset if something isn't done right the first time. But I know you better than everyone else, that you have a generous heart, always willing to help, very loving, and at times can be a big softy when nobody else is around or looking. I would like to think that I had just a little part in making you who you are today. As long as you still hold the kids and I as your number one love, and you don't let this addiction bankrupt us, I don't have a problem with you collecting. You have been at it for so many years, that I personally think it would destroy you if you didn't have it. Just don't forget us whenever you're out there in the garage working all day, and we will be fine." 

Not much for me to say about that, other than I have a great wife, and I love her with all of my heart. She truly has made me what I am today, and although she thinks I'd be lost without the collection, I'd give it all up tomorrow for her and the kids if I had to. 

• olcowhand, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 5 others have said thanks

#66 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 12:34 PM

Troy, tell your loving wife that she could not have said that any better and that I am in the same boat, without Joey, my wife or my Children I'm not sure where, what I'd be or if I would even be alive today.

I enjoy my tractor collection, but my wife and Children are my air and could not take another breath without them in my life, We are TRULY BLESSED !!

• Alc and johndeereelfman have said thanks