• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 10:25 PM

Erica, Teresa is busy at the moment, so she told me to type this up to you.

Daniel has several tractor too, but as long as I can squeeze the Cherokee under a roof, then all is good.  I too don't have a tractor I can use either, simply because all his tractors have "character" that require certain abilities to where one is one step ahead of what the tractor may do.  Also, there are steep banks out front that he will not risk me getting anywhere near, as he says if anyone is gonna roll one off & get hurt....it's NOT gonna be me!

Those are Teresa's exclusive words, not mine!  :smilewink:  :smilewink:

• NUTNDUN, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#32 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 10:33 PM

Karen often refers to my "tractory crap" and complains about my rusty sh*t, but she doesn't have to run them and I wouldn't ask her to except in extreme circumstances.

I just asked her if she thought I had to many tractors. She said " Duh" and went back to ignoring me :D
  • NUTNDUN, Texas Deere and Horse, LilysDad and 2 others have said thanks

#33 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 11:05 PM

My wife could not care less as long as the bills are paid that need to be.  If I want something as long as it can be paid for that is just fine with her.  She was the one that encouraged me to find a farm tractor to restore to remember our son.  She has her own things that she like's to have and that is fine with me too.

Edited by IHCubGuy, November 02, 2014 - 11:13 PM.

• NUTNDUN and boyscout862 have said thanks

#34 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 11:08 PM

My wife says "you don't need any more tractors." I have nowhere as many as some of you.

I remind her that I have just about given up my other hobbies; Wine, Women, and song.

So now I just buy systems. Last one I bought was a leaf collection system; rider and leaf vac. Told her I have been wanting a snow blower. Can't seem to find a walk behind with a reasonable price tag.(I have but always gone before I can get to them) 

I have found several systems: Tractor and blower for what they want for a walk behind blower alone.

Good thing I fixed the woodstove in the "dog house." It's getting awful cold at night lately. 

• NUTNDUN, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#35 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 11:59 PM

Maybe we girls should stick together on this one, at least to the point of drawing the fine line between collecting and hoarding, L.O.L. As long as a few left to make room for the ones that came in, I had no complaints, and I've come to really appreciate the old iron, especially when it's been restored. Now that I'm alone I wish I'd paid more attention to the fixing instead of just the using. We had a lot of fun working on them together---- would that be a possibility for you? I like the idea of the pink one!
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#36 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 12:07 AM

I think starting a thread to incite the women folk against us poor tractor collectors deserves at least one warning point.  :poke:

• NUTNDUN, IamSherwood, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#37 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 12:17 AM

Talking with Nancy about this thread, I asked her if she thought I had to many tractors. She gave me that look, and said, "does it matter what I think, you'll buy whatever you want anyway".

"So why you asking me?"

I love my wife, she's a good woman. :thumbs:

Edited by zippy1, November 04, 2014 - 12:22 AM.

• NUTNDUN, EricR and HANKG have said thanks

#38 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,442 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 03:53 AM

There is nothing immoral or illegal about collecting tractors.  Reminds me of a few years ago a woman alluding to the fact i spend a lot of time in my garage,,I responded "do you know where your husband is?"

Edited by Jazz, November 03, 2014 - 03:54 AM.

• NUTNDUN, MH81, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#39 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 05:40 AM

Shelly says yep, and suggested I renew my interests in drinking, gambling, and strip clubs.

Ahhh....the good ol days!
  • NUTNDUN and DougT have said thanks

#40 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,688 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:20 AM

I wonder . . .    If a guy were to get one of them Harley three wheelers that was green or red . . . . .     Do you think he could pass it off as a tractor?

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#41 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,737 Thanks
  • 1,733 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:23 AM

Although I don't a wife (yet) I only buy tractors that make my life easier, I have only 2 garden tractors, one Bolens HT23 that I use for mowing/garden work and a John Deere 140 that I am converting to tracks with a loader. I also have a small Kubota 20hp tractor with loader and backhoe that I do ALL of the garden work with. Since we have a 1 acre garden (and growing) we need all the help we can get with these little machines.

Although my other very addictive hobby is Classic VW's, I'm restoring a '74 super beetle now and I have a '79 bus sitting here waiting to be fixed up as well :thumbs:

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#42 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:29 AM

My wife tells me I have too many.....and I do have some that need to go ( mostly LT's, they seem to just appear).

I just tell her, be glad it's only tractors that cost $0.00-400 and not a high dollar race car or off road truck.

Gotta use that reverse psychology stuff!!!

I do not see any response from George....smart man knows when to be quiet  :rolling:  :thumbs:

• NUTNDUN, superaben and oldedeeres have said thanks

#43 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:34 AM

I told her that I wasn't planning on buying anymore tractors...anytime soon that is. Had to leave the door open a bit there. I bought a walk behind reel mower and a WW2 generator today, and for the life of me, I can't understand why she gave me "the look". Yes the (LOOK) Their is a certain member on here whose wife is the Napoleon of the look, he posted it a few weeks ago. I'm still laughing
quote]

• NUTNDUN and classic have said thanks

#44 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:35 AM

Once years ago my wife said I had to many guns. Why did I need so many? Rather than explain to her I went to work that day and applied for all my vacation time off all at once. I spent 4 whole weeks at deer camp with out telling her. She kept calling friends and family trying to find me to no avail as she never thought I would be at the deer camp.

When I arrived back home she was so happy to see me she asked if I wanted to go buy a gun.

Then I wanted a antique pulling tractor, In the search for the right one she said I should collect them so I did. She likes having me home working in the shop on tractors or working on the property with a tractor. She is even happy to have me go hunting or shooting with friends just as long as I am happily at home and she is not living alone.

My wife also owns 4 of her very own Massey Harris tractors. A 1954 Pacer, 1945 model 20, 1942 model 81 and a 1953 Model 44 butane. 

:D  Al

Edited by alleyyooper, November 03, 2014 - 08:37 AM.

• NUTNDUN, MH81, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#45 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 11:20 AM

I wonder . . .    If a guy were to get one of them Harley three wheelers that was green or red . . . . .     Do you think he could pass it off as a tractor?quote]

NO!!!!!!!

• NUTNDUN said thank you