Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Locke - Devere Reel Mower Fired Right Up!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,415 Thanks
  • 4,880 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 10:24 AM

No I haven't. I helped a lady clean up her back yard after her husband died to get the city off her back, agreed to store some of his  'projects" for her. She wanted to sell them, but of coure thought htey were worth 5-10 times more than they were, 3 yrs later, I still have them all.

anyway, wished I had a pic, this thing is like a 32" solid deck with engine mounted on top, and Wisconsin motor I think. Has a 3" wide leather drive belt from engine to deck. I know it sure is one heavy sucker to move.

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 06:52 PM

They are heavy Tahoe. I don't know if you tried that one out, but if you did you would like it. I just mowed a little more with this one this morning and it's great to maneuver around the shrubs and other obstacles. The only reason I ended up with it is because I was looking for Briggs engines with coils for my ZZ engines. The PE-75 generator was a good deal and I couldn't leave the 50 dollar mower behind, since it has a good Briggs engine on it. Now that the mower runs and works well, it will stay together and get used around the place. At some point I'll get around to restoring the paint back to original, but for now I want to continue working on the Mighty Might tractor. So much for buying the generator for the coil and other parts. The generator works perfectly fine and is in excellent original condition. The generator will stay together as well and coils for the ZZ are available from other sources.

It got so overwhelming I had to stop and sell it, several reel mowers, several gensets, several leaf blowers, several mowers, etc......all originally bought as parts for one thing or another, It builds up quick.

• classic said thank you

#18 brownboystoys OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6127
  • 107 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hello classic. I have a Locke mower also. Mine is the same condition as yours. Mine has the bat wings on each side. makes for one big lawnmower. Mine is also for sale. this thing is to big and heavy to move around. Plus. just wanted to let you know. The best place to get the coil for the zz briggs is marks magneto. Not sure his address or number. Got a coil for fh and others from him. I also have othe briggs parts. Plus you say a mighty mite. Got one of those too. Not for sale. Great machines. If need anything PM me. Thanks

• classic said thank you