#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 04:30 PM

I need a little help here fella's, I am helping a friend who's barn burned down and we came across a belt guard, after closer inspection and talk over a cold beer he thinks it may have come from an old wheel horse he had years ago.  I have an RJ and this is not the same so I was wondering if you anyone here had a suburban or other small wheel horse form the 60's and could snap  pic of the belt guard for the rear end or me so I can compare and find the rite machine for this.  I will get a pic of the one I have late tonite.

I know some of these can be worth $$ and would hate to throw this one in te heap if it can be put to good use.

Pete

• hamman said thank you

#2 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 05:02 PM

Ok after some tlc and a quick blast this is what I have, I really think it is a suburban belt guard.  thoughts??

Attached Thumbnails

• belt guard 001.JPG
  • belt guard 002.JPG
  • belt guard 003.JPG

#3 JakeKuhn OFFLINE  

JakeKuhn

Wheel Horse Addict

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 9298
  • 183 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 05:12 PM

That is a suburban belt guard...measure the width of it, the 400,550, and 401 use the same width, and then the 551 guards look the same, but are a little narrower because they used a different transmission. If its for sale, I may be interested depending on price. 

Jake