Truck Prices, Where Ya Been?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

• Member No: 58852
  • 849 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 09:27 AM

The thread truck prices got me to wondering where all Ya'll been the last few years? 

Diesel Fuel was 1.35 cents a gallon in 2001 when I retires and Thursday when I got some for my truck it was 3.58 cents a gallon.

Milk was selling for a dollar a gallon in 2001 when I retired and with a favored shopper card was 2.99 Thursday.

A 50 pound bag of dog food was 9.50 in 2001 and I paid 10.98 for a 18 pound bag on Thursday.

Every thing has sky rocketed in price since 2001 I figure a major part of the cost is due to energy. You can't run those semis down the highway delivering goods with free air which isn't so free if you want to put it in a tire. It even cost a bunch of money to mfg products, grow food and such due to the cost of energy also.

Even crap from China cost more today be cause they are not brought to this country with sail boats.

At some point we will turn in to a 3 world country at the rate things are going as no none in these US states will be able to afford to buy any thing. Laws as I type this are being made to limit how much ammo we can have and where we can buy it so hunting for our food is going to be limited also. In New York you can not buy ammo off the internet these days even if any body had some to sell.

:D   Al

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Freddie1911 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60791
  • 149 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Try Bulk Ammo on the ammo, shipping is fast and prices are good. Can't be without  something to shoot.       Freddie

• GTTinkerer, hamman and Bill 76 have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,528 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 10:44 AM

When we bought our 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD with the Duramax diesel in 2004, fuel was $ 1.67 a gallon. 6 months later it was $ 2.99 a gallon and today when I wend down to get a coffee this am it was $ 3.79. Oh by the way it raised by .15cents in the last 4 days. While gas is going down everywhere else here in N. Michigan it is rising again. It was at $ 3.09 for a day or two and now it is $ 3.17. Dog food for our dog has risen about 110% in the last 4 years. We have been trying different brands and trying to get the right nutritional value for our dog. Food prices are rising again and quantities are are shrinking. Look at bacon packages. They used to be 16oz / 1 lb packages now they are 12oz.. Look at chips from 16oz to 12 oz in the same size package. A can of stewed tomatoes are now 12.5 oz compared to the 16 oz ones that used to be out there.  Not one of them have reduced prices, as a matter of fact they have risen by about 40 - 50 % in the last 4 years.

As far as ammo prices I can't believe what has happened to it. The supply is lower and demand is higher, spread by fear created by hysteria. (not being political) just stating fact. Thanks Freddie I will also try them.     

Just don't see how we " Middle Class Americans " are going to be able to afford even the basics in few years. Hope it gets better for our kids and grand kids.   JM2CW.                                                                                                               Roger

• Alc, GTTinkerer, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#4 Freddie1911 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60791
  • 149 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 11:48 AM

We could get really political here, but I think the forum rules say to stay away from guns and politics. That's one reason for the last snapper 1650, takes my mind kinda away from them.      One big question I've wanted to ask. Why all the snow plowing? You're screwing up some purdy post card pictures                               

• hamman, KennyP, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#5 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,050 Thanks
  • 4,982 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 03:11 PM

I worry every day about what my children are going to see.

Prices are growing every day. We were talking at work and someone said I just filled up for 2.89 a gallon! I said it sure is a shame that we are so numb to gas prices that 2.89 is cheap
  • Alc, hamman, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#6 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 03:25 PM

Many of the pundits are predicting that by next Thursday (two days after the elections) gas prices will be back up to $3.50+.  I agree with them.

• Alc, hamman, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#7 jabelman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38843
  • 1,454 Thanks
  • 1,121 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yeah my parents talked about this 30 years ago too. Life is what you make it.
  • Alc, hamman and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#8 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,154 Thanks
  • 4,567 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 06:30 PM

It is the constant devaluation of money by our bankrupt nation.  

What, we need more?  Print it up!  

That's why things cost more.  I'll never be able to afford to retire AND pay taxes and live comfortably let alone pay for health care!

I'm just sitting on my nest egg watching and waiting for the market to explode and make it worthless and render me penniless overnight.

Nice outlook huh?

Tuesday we all have a responsibility to step and send a loud and clear message to the powers that be.  I'll see you at the booth..  

• EricR said thank you

#9 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 3,228 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:49 AM

Don't worry about inflation, by the time that breaks you Ebola or some plague will get you, or global warming will bake your brain or flood your house or kill off all the cheeseburgers on the hoof, or the radical Muslim hoards will overrun your position, or Marshall Law will be established and you'll be in a relocation camp, or...

See, you worry about nothing! :deadhorse: