Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,980 Thanks
  • 4,409 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 09:06 PM

The City of Waco cable channel came out a while back and did an almost three hour interview about my hobby. I received the DVD today. 6-1/2 minuets. Really professional and in HD. I used a combination of Movie Maker and VLC media player to convert the DVD to something I can U/L to YouTube, hopefully it will make it past their music copyrights. I have it uploading now, stay tuned.

• MH81 said thank you

#962 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,980 Thanks
  • 4,409 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 10:30 PM

Here is the video the City did.

https://www.youtube....h?v=pwzz4KHiHx4

• Bmerf, John Arsenault and dannyboysd have said thanks

#963 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,796 Thanks
  • 1,466 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 06:32 PM

Very nice! :thumbs:  :thumbs:

• larrybl said thank you

#964 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,663 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 08:30 PM

Awesome that you got the recognition for all that hard work. 

• larrybl said thank you

#965 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,674 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 09:12 PM

Great to see this video .

• larrybl said thank you

#966 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,980 Thanks
  • 4,409 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 01:42 PM

Recently I had to use Old Girl to mow a large part of the property. She did well, and is all cleaned up again. I noticed some looseness "wobble" with the blades, so I tightened the bearings up. If I spin by hand each will do 2-3 revolutions freely. Then using a drill it spins them with little effort. No slop at all now, just want to make sure I didn't over tighten. This is a task as the scissor lift and deck cover has to be removed. All greased and stored again.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Attached Thumbnails

• P1160496sm.jpg
  • P1160502sm.jpg

• MH81, KennyP and Z71 Sierra have said thanks

#967 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,980 Thanks
  • 4,409 posts

Posted January 11, 2018 - 10:01 PM

I have been approached with an offer to sell Old Girl. Lock stock and barrel. Guy is out of state so shipping would be on him. He wanted a price so I said $3,500.00 for all. Roper, Snow Blower, 50" Deck, tire chains, and all the documentation. He is agreeable with it plus paying for shipping. I told him I was planning to take her to the October show this year, she will get a fresh oil change, wash and wax. After the show I might fell better selling Her..... I'm not sure. I'll never find one like it in this area again, it was a fluke I got her in the first place. I am at the point I can decline, but $3500 would come in handy, Old Girl is only a show machine, but many memories are there. Am I crazy for even thinking of selling, 

• bbuckler and John Arsenault have said thanks

#968 bbuckler ONLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 3,425 Thanks
  • 3,044 posts

Posted January 11, 2018 - 10:07 PM

I have been approached with an offer to sell Old Girl. Lock stock and barrel. Guy is out of state so shipping would be on him. He wanted a price so I said $3,500.00 for all. Roper, Snow Blower, 50" Deck, tire chains, and all the documentation. He is agreeable with it plus paying for shipping. I told him I was planning to take her to the October show this year, she will get a fresh oil change, wash and wax. After the show I might fell better selling Her..... I'm not sure. I'll never find one like it in this area again, it was a fluke I got her in the first place. I am at the point I can decline, but $3500 would come in handy, Old Girl is only a show machine, but many memories are there. Am I crazy for even thinking of selling, 

You most likely miss her but it give you a reason to build another

#969 Onanparts OFFLINE  

Onanparts
  • Member No: 69344
  • 95 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted January 22, 2018 - 04:22 PM

Larry, go back to your first post in this thread. Then mosey along from there all the way back up to here. You'll have your answer. :)

• larrybl said thank you